/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Editable Sticky (pre-Alpha): hackmd.io/lFsIS9w9T1ukoENeZE1pGg

>Upgrade & Build Advice
Post build list or current specs including MONITOR: pcpartpicker.com/
Provide specific use cases (e.g. video editing, competitive gaming, streaming etc.) and your country.

>News
New CPU and GPU generations later this year
Zen4 release date September 27th

>Recommended form factor
ATX is the standard choice, alternatively ITX or even MATX

>CPUs
HTPC(4K60)/Web Browsing: i3 10105
Budget Gaming: i3 12100/F > R5 5500
Gaming: i5 12400/F, R5 5600/X
Multicore: i7 12700F/12900F, R9 5900X/5950X
Best Gaming: i7-12700KF / R7 5800X3D

>GPUs
Budget 1080p: Used GTX 1060/1070, GTX 1660 Super RX 470/580
1080p: RTX 3060
1440p: RTX 3060ti, RX 6700 XT
2160p: RTX 3080Ti, RTX 3090, RX 6900 XT

>RAM
Minimum: 2x 8GB DDR4 3200CL16/3600CL18
Recommended:
DDR4: 4x 8GB DDR4 3600CL16 (any rank) or 2x dual-rank 16GB DDR4 3600CL16
DDR5: 2x 16GB 5600MHz Kingston

>Coolers
linustechtips.com/topic/891730-cpu-cooler-performance-tier-list/

>PSUs
Silver+ from Seasonic, Superflower, Corsair, EVGA (aim for 75% of total PC power)
cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

>SSDs
ssd.borecraft.com/

>Motherboard info:
AM4 B550/X570 - CPU-less BIOS flash feature advisable if pairing with Zen 3
overclock.net/threads/vrm-on-the-new-am4-motherboards.1624051/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yPS3hj_K7EPT4RBWCyjdKNP56pnwDz-IgBc0975-FUg

>Monitors
rtings.com/monitor/
pcmonitors.info/
displayninja.com/buying-guide/

Previous

Attached: n8ly1g3wtq551.jpg (2903x2268, 491.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#J=5,20&B=1
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/7rKgqm
pcpartpicker.com/list/7rKgqm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can someone explain to me the main advantages a Quadro card has over a Geforce?

Can someone explain to me the main advantages of single rank vs dual rank RAM and how do you indentify each?

if you need explaining that, you dont need a quadro (not named quadro anymore)

Nah, it could well be worth considering. I use 3D software.

moar ram, lower tdp

Can someone explain to me why the PAID novidya marketing is shamelessly samefagging his own desperate thread?

It grows in every field. Seriously isn't paid marketing against the rules?
>main advantages of a quadro
lol like any fucking person is ever going to come on Any Forums and unironically ask that question.

>more ram
Not true. The 3090 has more ram than most Quadros.
>lower tdp
Why does this matter for a workstation card? Tdp is something I could see being a big deal for a server, not a GPU tailored for productivity.

You made an early thread specifically to shill AMD shit the way you like it.
Stick to your own thread, dumb drone.

if only i was samefagging ...

Attached: samefag.png (798x168, 10.36K)

>lol like any fucking person is ever going to come on Any Forums and unironically ask that question.
That's exactly what I just did.

Why are they so popular?

Attached: Noctua-NH-D15-12.jpg (1000x839, 203.36K)

Reminder that Nvidia is just better.

Much of it comes back to better software. Nvidia has always had the better drivers, and now they've taken it to the next level with DLSS, which is far better than FSR.

>Not true. The 3090 has more ram than most Quadros.
The A6000 has double the ram
>Why does this matter for a workstation card?
Higher efficieny, blower designs, it's a lot more likely to use multiple of them for rendering etc

>The A6000 has double the ram
I'm not talking about that specific model though.
I'm choosing between a 3090, a Quadro A4000 and a Quadro A4500, primarily for 3D software and game engine use. The 3090 is roughly the same price as the A4000 and has the most vram of the three at 24gb.

As for tdp, couldn't I just undervolt it?

Quiet and cool

Why does this pc not have an psu?

Spotted the towerlet.
It's a full tower case. The PSU has it's own enclosure.

every time I think about building a new pc I always get hung up on choosing a case and then give up. maybe you guys can help[ me out.
I have a gtx1080 i'm gonna reuse and i have 4 3.5 HDDs, I might get another 6TB one in the future. I'm planning on getting a 5600x with and an arctic AIO to cool it.
aside from a case that needs to be able to fit all this My gpu gets REALLY hot and I want something that is going to cool it. I have to leave the door off my current case or it turns into a furnace in there.
Ideally I want something that doesn't have any rgb shit or flare, is sturdy and I hate tempered glass but I guess that's just the way the industry has gone. I miss metal or plastic doors that have a gpu door fan built in.

if there's any resources you can point me towards that would be great. i've been looking at the gamer's nexus reviews but I don't think those do the best job of going over each case.

you're way better off with the 3090 unless you need to virtualize multiple smaller gpus

It does dimwit

Oh right lol, was fooled by the way the image is cropped

pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#J=5,20&B=1

I'm thinking about building a new rig at some point in the next 12 months. This is my initial draft:

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/7rKgqm (American edition: pcpartpicker.com/list/7rKgqm )

I am currently running an i5-8600K, 16gb DDR4 and an RTX 2070 Super(which I got in Feb2020, right before the prices skyrocketed). It's serving me well, but part of the reason for wanting to upgrade (besides better performance) is to put the 2070 Super into my homeserver, and use GPU passthrough for a gaming VM. Sure I could just buy a new GPU too, but considering my CPU is like 5 years old and I want multi-threading and DDR5 is out, I think it might be an alright time to upgrade the rig.

Primary use cases will be 3D/Graphic design: Photoshop, Blender, Substance, UE5, ZBrush, Houdini/Mantra, Octane.
Also do a lot of emulation: RPCS3, Cemu, Dolphin, Retroarch, etc.
Next down is regular gaming, video editing/encoding, music & sound editing.

I currently have a 3090Ti in my pcpartpicker build, but this website is missing a lot of the A-series Quadros, which I'm definitely looking at.

Any input? One thing I still don't really get is PSU prices. I just picked the cheapest Titanium CPU with enough wattage to support my build. Is it worth paying a premium for Seasonic or something? I was thinking of going Titanium this time around because electricity costs are skyrocketing, and they're going to keep skyrocketing for a while because my country is stupid.

Haven’t started research yet. Assume I’m retarded because I might as well be when it comes to building a PC.

I want to play vidya and do basic coding / signal simulation. Is a mid-range gaming setup the way to go here?

Any pitfalls to avoid when building your first PC? General tips would also be helpful.