Have you prepared yourselves for rolling blackouts this winter, fellow eurobros? I bought this Chromebook for 25 EUR...

Have you prepared yourselves for rolling blackouts this winter, fellow eurobros? I bought this Chromebook for 25 EUR, flashed full UEFI firmware and replaced ChromeOS with Debian. Everything works quite well with the stock Debian kernel after some tweaking. The CPU in this is extremely power-efficient. The total package power consumption in turbostat rarely goes above 2W, even under load. The performance is on par with a Core 2 Duo in something like a Thinkpad X200. The total system power consumption as reported by upower is 4-7W depending on the load. Battery lasts 8 hours during continuous video playback. Using it in bed is comfy because it has 180 degree hinges just like Thinkpads. I also have an old phone that I basically use a WWAN modem, recently replaced the battery so I can get a few hours of internet usage in the event that power goes out. What have you done to fight Putin?

Attached: Dell-Chromebook-11-3120-N2840-4GB-RAM-16GB.jpg (2560x2293, 982.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spiegel.de/panorama/energiepreise-wie-die-steigenden-kosten-fuer-gas-fuer-erste-familien-zum-problem-werden-a-4757323b-cc86-45aa-befa-7b3d3af9fac8
spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/cdu-chef-merz-warnt-vor-einem-blackout-a-f1dc0f33-9dfe-4c92-8708-d130625ca262
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>for rolling blackouts this winter
there is at maxium one blackout coming. after that the people will overthrow the governments and beg putin for gas and oil, which he will deliever then. nobody will even ask aboot ukraine anymore.

no need to prepare anything.

nah, i'm betting on social security or revolution if that fails

>people will overthrow the governments
>revolution
they locked everyone inside their houses during the coof and no governments were overthrown, the protests were minimal. what makes you think it will be different this time?

This is probably what's going to happen. The terrifying part is that there are politicians/news people on TV openly arguing that "we" need to "defend democracy" from people who might vote against politicians who want unconditional military/economic support for Ukraine.

It's particularly clownish in America, because we have politicians who will in one breath call American nationalism racist and refuse to do anything to defend the southern border, and in the next breath demand we defend Ukranian borders and support Ukranian nationalism.

Every politician in the US who has said "Slava Ukraini" on television unironically should be pelted with tomatoes until they resign in shame.

Attached: 1655877795466.jpg (750x726, 77.92K)

because they liked being locked in because of netflix and social media. without netflix and social, they will start to think again. and that yields a big problem for governments. hence, putin has already won.

>without netflix and social
everyone has a phone nowadays, which they can use even if the power goes out

There will be no blackouts, everyone's overreacting.

And even if there will be so what? Blackouts are extremely comfy (and critical infrastructure like hospitals have generators and solar panels).

People were comfy during the coof and comfy people don't chimp out (unless they're black).

If you can't keep the lights and the heater on, the people aren't going to be comfy anymore. You will be able to hear the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE from space. It will be the screech heard round the world. Most people just want to eat cheap junk food and watch Netflix in an apartment that is a comfy temperature. This is peak humanity and people are willing to cross the world to have it.

Pushing millions of such people, who just wanted to be left to their comfy escapism, into the bronze age overnight, because of political decisions they effectively had no real representation in, is going to have massive consequences.

>tl;dr: west runs on bread and circuses and both those things are about to stop in europe

Tell me more. How does the big 5G antenna work without power?

I agree and I'd even go further: Why is anybody fighting for a fucking border at all? Why are these idiotic slavs not simply giving up? It's not worth a fight... They do not understand, that they are justifying the game for which they have to die for in the first place. They're not better than the ruskies.

>everyone's overreacting
this is no accident btw
the more dire the energy-intensive industries can paint the situation, the more people will be willing to sacrifice for their profits because otherwise WE"RE ALL GOING TO DIE OMG

>How does the big 5G antenna work without power?
It has a generator, phone infrastructure is too critical to be simply powered off during a blackout. What about emergency calls, for instance? A few years ago you might have argued that they would shut down everything except 2G, but 2G and 3G have already been phased out in most of Europe. So at least 4G will be left operational, which is enough for most people. Yeah, the speeds will probably be less than 1mbps due to increased load, but that is STILL enough for most uses.

people are just retarded and overreact to any small thing

>It has a generator
I've got one of these right next to my house. It does not have a generator. And about 300m from here is an old water tower with the next antenna. No generator.
>phone infrastructure is too critical to be simply powered off during a blackout
wishful thinking.
>1mbps due to increased load, but that is STILL enough for most uses.
Not for netflix and chill, so people will still be fucking mad at their gov.

Vatnik shill thread?

Also not technology.

You're completely delusional. No one will ask that guy for anything or overthrow governments. Ruzzia shot themselves in the foot and Western Europe will no longer do big business with them. People know it will get tough for a little while but this is the sacrifices we have to do for freedom and we've been over way worse than some stupid blackout.

Like always Any Forumsniggers fall for propaganda and overract and shit out their doom and gloom everywhere, but most of the time things are fine and completely survivable.

Just take a step back and look at things objectively without the cacophony of your echo chamber.

Fuck off zigger

>Not for netflix and chill
1mbps is enough for streaming a 720p video at 30FPS encoded in H.264 and more for more space-efficient codecs

haha. you really think that? Go out and talk to the normal folks for once. They fear for their jobs, for their homes and cannot even fill up their old oil tanks. They already start seeing 500% price increases for energy in Germany spiegel.de/panorama/energiepreise-wie-die-steigenden-kosten-fuer-gas-fuer-erste-familien-zum-problem-werden-a-4757323b-cc86-45aa-befa-7b3d3af9fac8 and that is only the beginning.
German politicians (not right or left wing but from Merkel's party) warn that blackouts are coming: spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/cdu-chef-merz-warnt-vor-einem-blackout-a-f1dc0f33-9dfe-4c92-8708-d130625ca262

>Ruzzia shot themselves in the foot and Western Europe will no longer do big business with them
kek. Putin has won.

>It has a generator
never seen base station with generator, they have UPS which is enough for couple of hours of operation
tho rolling blackouts take in account such things

>Ruzzia shot themselves in the foot and Western Europe
I actually think this is plan made by globohomo democrats/Hillary to destroy EU industry and make it noncompetitive by cutting it from it's energy source.
No one really cares about Russia out of the context of cheap energy and even less about Ukraine.

ITT
>everyone in Europe is German, no exceptions
>the unified power grid doesn't exist
>putin won!! can't you see???
>people will overthrow governments because of blackouts
>Europeans will all be poor and begging on the streets because of NO GAS
So tired of your shit.

Attached: 1615769133082.gif (500x281, 1.93M)