Ethereum has officially switched to proof-of-stake

IT IS DONE. Behold, the end of an era.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-15/ethereum-completes-long-awaited-energy-saving-merge-upgrade

If you've been holding out waiting for GPU prices to fall before you buy a new GPU, it looks like this might be your lucky day.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 04-16-17 Bloomberg Crypto on Twitter.png (598x701, 120.27K)

>GPU prices are about to plummet
Wait what? If it's no longer in a alpha stage then wouldn't that make it I don't know secure? If this is true then AMD and Nvidia will not be thrilled about it. Also is it just me of this kind of weird the timing of this to happen?

what country are you from user?

Take a guess

took them long enough... i have no doubt in my mind that they will continue mining some other retarded shitcoin.

Doesn't matter, crypto is wire fraud. It's about to get the smackdown of a lifetime.

>took them long enough
Being the first of its kind means its not long enough.

I hope GPU prices will go down because njudea has been speculating on them for too long and can't get away with it forever

Ethereum was not the first to use PoS

Its not just a PoS, its a energy reduction mechanism. 99% reduction in energy usage means the network as a whole can scale and be usable by average person without exorbant fees.

>Queen dies
>King put in place
>Ethereum no more mining
>GPU galore

I can't handle all this one in 50 year events all at once.

Attached: 1662802422976588.jpg (1264x646, 177.11K)

>Oh boy I can't wait to swap mining crypto for profit for putting 32ETH in some system you can never get it back from in order get voting rights on a chain noone actually cares about except for getting rich on

A more perfect commentary on the state of this shit I can't even imagine.

Attached: IMG_20220915_025152_331.jpg (797x1280, 114.55K)

scaling and fees have nothing to do with energy. also fees are the same and will continue to be

people will just switch to the next currency they can generate instead.

This is one old ass king so I wouldn’t count on that being so rare

The catch is that ETH was the most profitable to mine, by far before this. On my computer with RTX 1080, I would get 2$ per day worth of ethereum, while all of the others would be below 1$

doesn't matter.
if you're poor generating free money is always preferable to not. especially if you have access to multiple machines.

Wonder how this will effect global electricity costs though

anything that isnt proof of work is a scam

If you are poor you don't even have a RTX 1080, let alone anything better, which would mean that mining crypto would probably cost more than it would produce, unless you somehow have free electricity

yes it matters because ROI time is now >200% of what it was before

you are not very well versed in other crypto projects or crypto in general, are you?