Is there anything wrong with installing Arch via a GUI with a desktop environment already packaged into the installer?

Is there anything wrong with installing Arch via a GUI with a desktop environment already packaged into the installer?

Also make some memes with pic related

Attached: C1A49010-47EF-44E5-8C33-FD4E80CAD727.png (500x388, 112.27K)

Using a GUI is too efficient and easy. I want to waste my time so that I can feel like I have anything meaningful in my life.

afaik, no but make sure the installation is as pure or unbloated as possible, literally just like DE and nothing else because from experience distros like manjaro work for 2 months then you will start having trouble modifying the system because you don't exactly know what they did to system so more time wasted understanding what happened

I was more so asking if it would result in a less stable system somehow or would introduce a security risk

Yes
I've seen some anons say it before, but the reason arch is so much more involved to install is because its effectively a retard filter. Mainly to make the support forums a lot more straight forward without useless back and forth between people because OP doesn't know what a package is or how to edit environment.
It also prepares the user for the rolling release experience of occasional breakage, imagine how much bigger the recent GRUB update breaking would've been if arch was filled with retards who installed from a GUI as babbys first distro.
At the very most the arch installer should be CLI only, a GUI install might give people the idea you can treat arch like ubuntu and do everything through GUI.

Love the idea that it has to filter people for a broken system.

When installed normally, you configure almost everything to your liking, so using a GUI tool might skip some weird configuration that you need for your use case. Still, most of what you do installing arch from the terminal is the same for everyone, so a GUI installer saves you time.

>imagine how much bigger the recent GRUB update breaking would've been if arch was filled with retards who installed from a GUI as babbys first distro.
The big GRUB implosion only affected people using an Arch-based distro, not plain Arch. The retards using Manjaro and Endeavour were fucked.

doesn't forbid you from doing post-install ricing regardless

depends on wheather or not the developer is a brainless pajeet cockroach

do whatever u want it's a free country
the archinstall script is just as easy as any GUI tho

Attached: 1607287971516.jpg (256x243, 23.42K)

if the gui doesn't include a way to enter configurations you need then you'll beed to use cli. otherwise,

>imagine how much bigger the recent GRUB update breaking would've been if arch was filled with retards
you mean like the recent python break?

Not really wrong, but having it cli only filters retards on the forums. For this reason i think there shouldn't be official gui, but i don't see using 3rd party guis as a problem, if they can suite your configuration of course. Also scripts work better than guis because you don't even have to press buttons.

will gladly make a funny once gimp is done merging

I guess you can still fuck up archinstall if you don't know what you're doing, forgetting to install necessary packages for your system, for example
I'd recommend installing by hand the first time you install arch, just to have some idea of what you're doing, it isn't that hard if you read the wiki faithfully
I don't see why you'd bother with a GUI when archinstall exists, unless the GUI REALLY retard-proofs it

Attached: 1622084045449.jpg (365x365, 18.13K)

It borked my plain arch install, according to the news post it was mainly a hardware/UEFI software thing that caused it. It just seems like it only affected arch-based distros because I assume the majority of vanilla arch users already knew how to fix it and decided complaining about it wasn't worth their time or assumed it was a personal issue.

Can’t you just change whatever’s necessary via the terminal even if you use a GUI install?

Isn’t the whole point of GNU/Linux supposed to be robust customizability?

if you want a gui install for arch why not just use endeavoros? Thats basically what it is

Attached: 1639209747064.png (1200x1294, 64.01K)

> went all the way to the end of the install, being meticulous about every step
> reboot
> can't get wifi working
Anyway, EndeavourOS is pretty neat. Using the i3-wm flavor. It's really nice.

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 418.21K)

W-what GRUB update breaking?