Unable to enter anything in my Python console

So I'm following this instructional video "Python for Beginners" on Youtube by a user named Programming with Mosh. Around the thirty six minute mark there's an exercise where Mosh just clicks right on the console and starts entering things, just works for him.

I tried doing the same, nope, stuck in view mode. I click on Python Console tab in the PyCharm application and what I want shows up; then I click to start typing and a whole bunch of stuff I don't want/need pops up on it's own.

youtube.com/watch?
v=kqtD5dpn9C8 is the video I'm trying to follow. Had no issues at all up until this point. There was a time with one of his exercises also instructing to type in the console and I couldn't, stuck in view mode. Somehow fixed that but I forgot how. Pls help babby.

Attached: whatdo.png (1904x847, 552.02K)

>following random youtube tutorials
>fnaf 2
>that background
>pyfuckingcharm
>youtube not in dark mode
you must be 18 to post here

uninstall pycharm and use literally any other text editor

It's my girlfriends computer. And I knew literally nothing about programming before starting this video and reading a few things.
>BUT DUDE YOU SHOULD JUST KNOW
Don't be gay user

What's wrong with pycharm? What would you recommend?

>What's wrong with pycharm?
you tell me
>What would you recommend?
sublime, notepad++, anything that handles text files

>dark mode
eyelet zoomer detected

Your girlfriend plays FNAF 2? What kind of turbo autist are you dealing with here kek
Also here's a tip: start correctly from the get go. Learn from reputable sources (official docs or a book) rather than some random youtube guy who you will retain nothing from, and install a sensible working environment. VSCode is a starting point, sublime is alright too. PyCharm is just bad and non extensible.

he should read about data structures and algorithms, not some useless docs about things he has no idea about

Yeah let's confuse the newfag by telling him to read about abstract concepts instead of getting his feet wet by actually doing things instead of mentally proving to himself this algorithm works and is this complex, great idea.
You don't happen to teach at a university, faggot?

Thank you for the info, I'll look into downloading one of these after dinner.
Where can I find what I need to read? Don't wanna just head to Google and look for random stuff I *think* might be useful.

Is that button with the glasses able to toggle?

start with simple if, for, while/until and case, follow with arrays

There is a ">>>" under the glasses. My guess is that you might have to click there.
Also, install an interpreter and use sublime or notepad instead of an IDE. Issues like these have nothing to do with programming and don't teach you anything.

Nope
Best website to find this on? If you don't mind spoon feeding me a bit more.
The >>> does nothing either. Very sad!
Is an interpreter necessary if I download something like VSCode? Seems to have everything I need but I'm retarded.

Also, what do you guys think of The Odin Project as a guide for retarded manchildren who need to be handheld a bit in the early stages?

Seems that this has it's own interpreter built in. No need to worry about finding one then right? Is it something I'll need to consider in the future or not really so long as it's built into whatever I'm using?

Attached: babby.png (1015x758, 81.1K)

he should start with leetcode
>learn algos
>instant feedback on whether your program works or not
>no ide problems

>you must be 18 to post here
zoomer detected

>The >>> does nothing either
Try left clicking the empty space to the right of it.
Or just go into the start menu, search for IDLE, then open that.

>you must be 18 to post here
instead of
>>youtube not in dark mode
>>you must be 18 to post here
newfag

he runs the program, you opened up an interactive console.

stop using pycharm, stop watching youtube videos, stop using windows
do all that and it will work

Attached: 1401008840732.jpg (249x250, 7.42K)

>newfag
>being proud of using this dumpster shit of a website his entire life

>he says while posting here