Why don't programmers work together on world changing groundbreaking things in their living rooms and garages anymore?

Why don't programmers work together on world changing groundbreaking things in their living rooms and garages anymore?

Attached: FB_bWAPWUAQJa8w.jpg (1482x997, 168.53K)

They still do this, but it's mostly them working together to make the world an insufferable place to live. If they don't have time for this they'll just go slave away for some corporation that will do it.

This looks very nice. Dreamy, even.

Attached: 1663191911451.jpg (1670x1184, 615.24K)

GitHub is the new garage now.

Because nowadays programmer is synonymous with terminal shutin, and where are you going to find a terminal shutin? Online.

programmers literally cant afford homes, they can't even get loans even if they can afford to pay 3x what they would pay in a mortgage payment as rent every month.

>taking out a loan
>ever
good goy

Programmers are some of most well-paid professionals in the world to just sit on their asses and type words into a computer for 2 hours while spending the rest of the work day drinking starbucks lattes and twirling their thumbs in meetings.

My garage is too hot.
Living room is too busy throughout the day.

>yes dont build equity, just keep paying rent

>twirling their thumbs in meetings
This actually raises the issue of how there is an entire breed of useless people getting paid to organize useless meetings nonstop, they go beyond not creating value they actively reduce value out of everything by wasting everyone's time which could be spent actually programming

They're the smartest people in the room, creating value by being a net drain on everyone around them.

A thief 'creating value' by being a net drain on their victims is not a sign of intelligence, they are just sociopaths

Who's really the idiot?
The person coming out on top or the useful idiot with feelings and inhibitions that feels bad about taking advantage of people?

>Why don't programmers work together on world changing groundbreaking things in their living rooms and garages anymore?
I'm doing this now but I'm not releasing anything to the general public. I hate society and the tech industry and I will not accept worthless currency as compensation for my hard work.

>They're the smartest people in the room, creating value by being a net drain on everyone around them.
Not really. You'll only think this is a good idea if you're a high time preference midwit who can't see a future beyond his next meal.

>Niggers are smart

>worthless currency
money can be exchanged for goods and services

What goods and services could I possibly want from you? I have enough money already to pay for food and housing.

then you are accepting currency

You're desperate for a gotcha because you know I'm right. You have no actual value outside of what's in your bank account, and that's really not worth much. That's why normies are so desperate to push the humanitarian bullshit, despite all being horrible people who create nothing and take everything. You want to hide the shame you rightfully feel. Unfortunately for you, the greenback is too small to cover your entire behind.

Chasing money for the sake of being wealthy (or perceived as such) is exactly the same as funko pop collecting. You can't change my mind on this.

Nigga do you know how much garages cost these days
We ain't made of money

Stop projecting your teenage rebellion onto me you brainlet

I never had nerd friends growing up :-(

Nothing gets the normie angrier than the truth. It's funny every time.

I didn't say any of the things in your post, I'm not a normie, you just want to pretend I am
You're a kid

they took this from us...

>still using money for food and housing
>not living in the wilderness and growing and hunting your own food

NGMI

It's the exact same thing as an open concept office, you can have that in any office in the world.

Calling me a kid is a cope because in your tiny, high time preference brain you can't fathom the idea of a grown man waking up when he wants to make things for himself on his own time. You're a slave to your own delusions about economics, and more broadly, life itself.

>>not living in the wilderness and growing and hunting your own food
Around a third of my food this summer was home grown. I'm getting there, don't you worry.

>you can't fathom the idea of a grown man waking up when he wants to make things for himself on his own time
thats exactly what i do you fucking moron

>thats exactly what i do you fucking moron
I'm happy for you, even though you're a retarded faggot. Carry on.

Tell me you’re middle management without telling me.