/bgg/ - Brick technolo/g/y General

In this thread we discuss technology related to bricks.

/bgg/ slang - en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_British_bricklaying
tylersandbricklayers.co.uk/tiling-a-bricklaying/glossary/bricks-and-materials?start=0

bricklaying for begginers and experts - youtube.com/c/Stucromptonuk?app=desktop

todays thread theme - dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4352794/Robot-build-walls-six-times-faster-humans.html

Attached: Comparison_house_brick_size.svg.png (600x600, 76.36K)

technology?

bricks are technology

Please tell me it's not true

>In this thread we discuss technology

These threads are always filled with green horns who haven't even laid a single brick let alone a little wall or fence. How about you get your hands dirty and get some real work done out in the sun for once in your life. Youtube isn't even going to teach you how to build an arch out of brick and mortar, anymore than it can teach you how to bench press 250lbs. Some things you need to learn through experience, its a lesson you zoomers will have to contend with.

So go ahead, study your diagrams, and ponder the all the famous abstract brick laying problems, it wont do you any good. All my grandchildren come up to me and tell me they want to be masons so they can get a six figure salary and support their family, but there is no passion for the art!

Sometimes I think this generation surely must be doomed.

Based

OI MATE U GOT A LOICENSE FOR THAT TROWEL

Attached: 51N0LPtUkoL._AC_SL1440_.jpg (1423x1204, 47.37K)

what is the real difference with the bricks that are 100% solid and those that have holes in 'em

why aren't prefabricated brick walls a thing?

The holes makes it easier to pass the house electric wiring

they are lighter and you can run rebar on them so you can build higher and stronger.

Officer it's okay, I'm white.

faggot

Wtf bricks are different sizes in different parts of the world?

So you break the moisture barrier for every indoor power point? Brick houses can be the easiest to modify electrically because there's space between the bricks and the rest of the wall structure

Why is lego expensive

come back when yoy have built an entire pendentive and dome out of brick.

Attached: 1635057672157.png (1537x707, 361.9K)

are catalan vault designs a bad idea?

Attached: catalan-vault-style.jpg (1024x576, 459.82K)

Attached: catalan-vault.jpg (1500x665, 162.05K)

are rgb bricks worth it