Haskellbros just keep winning

analyticsinsight.net/top-10-modern-programming-languages-that-are-not-up-to-the-mark/
>Haskell is a modern, standard, purely functional programming and non-strict language. Haskell supports algebraic data types along with type classes. Haskell provides workarounds to interact with the outside world. There’s no type of system more powerful than Haskell.

Attached: haskell.png (859x265, 50.78K)

Bump

This article was written by a bot.

>generates garbage at 1gb/s rate in your program

>C++ significantly slower than Java

Attached: laugh.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

Cniles BTFO

For me? It's Object Pascal.

Holy cope

Actually there are quite a few languages with types systems that are more powerful. Idris for one. I use Haskell daily at work. It’s incredible as a tool for solution exploration. Now that I’ve reached 1.0, it’s clear that garbage collection is a main culprit, so I’m exploring ways of rewriting it in rust. But, I still think Haskell was crucial in getting this far

Is the borrow checker compatible with monads?

What does one have to do with another? Most programming languages use Monads under the hood. Even Python.

>type tetris
no thanks desu, im sticking with common lisp

>Scala probably is the only typed functional language with an unsound type system that also lacks proper type inference.
Literally what? I don't think the author understands type inference. There are different types of type inference and all of them have trade offs.

What the fuck am I reading lol

Is Haskell eco friendly though? What does it's carbon footprint look like at scale compared to Rust?

Worse than Rust but better than Java

What the frick is a monad?

A miserable little pile of secrets

based lispchad
>It’s incredible as a tool for solution exploration.
try lisp user. if rapid prototyping is what you're looking for, you can't beat lisp (common lisp specifically, because of SLY in emacs)

A monoid under the category of endo functions

Ada