Get CS degree

>get CS degree
>realize I hate coding after working in the industry for several years
fug

Attached: 1650478893294.jpg (830x548, 27.42K)

I once met botanist for the NPS who early on was a GIS Analyst. He said that he absolutely hated sitting in front of a computer every day making maps, so he retrained as a botanist, and now he works out in the field. "Couldn't be happier" were his words.

Attached: frog_lel.jpg (550x467, 56.54K)

That's funny because one of my friends wanted to become a botanist. There was even a cure girl who urged him to do it, he became a coder instead. He's pretty average as a programmer.

Maybe you just hate web dev user, coding is just telling the a computer what to do. Do you hate telling the computer what to do or do you hate what your telling it to do?

boo fucking hoo you hate your easy job that is absurdly overpaid

You mean you weren't coding for several years before starting your CS degree? The absolute state of Zoomers, holy shit. I don't know a single person in my CS class from 2005 that hadn't been programming since they were 14 or 15. I thought this was the technology generation that was gonna show us old-timers how it's done?

Attached: 1662621984237150.png (477x387, 27.39K)

Just because you like programming on your own time, doesn't mean you'll enjoy doing it as a job, which is entirely different.

But if you don't already like coding on your own time why would you even consider doing it as a job

Nope, I felt extremely behind because other kids had basic CS classes in high school and were already familiar with the info. The most I ever did was jerk around in Eclipse a bit.

coding on your own time isn't even the same as coding on the job, it's much more relaxing

Not him, but there's a big reason why:

Money

I liked computers. I think I could maybe still transition to a network engineer or sysadmin or something and enjoy it, but it makes less money.

>Money
But if you're only in it for the money why not do something like finance or whatever, that can get you the actual big money jobs? Seems like it'd be easier and have a lot less continuous education involved.

Well for me personally, I have some programming experience, so while I don't love programming that much, it's relatively easy for me to get a job in it and make money from it

Whereas finance, I don't know jack shit about that. Maybe I should go learn about it. But also I assume finance is competitive to get into, whereas there are lots of programming jobs.

>getting anywhere in finance without a big dick degree from a top uni

Yeah I spent the last like 8 months learning html/css/js and it's interesting to learn and create things but coding is fucking boring to look at and type out, it's a brainless activity and not even worth me trying to get a job in it anymore, went with something else

>it's a brainless activity
tell me you dont code without telling me you dont code

nigga its brainless as fuck. it's reading tutorials over and over and reading books. none of that requires smarts. booksmarts and memorization isnt smart.

Attached: quote-i-object-to-being-called-a-chess-genius-because-i-consider-myself-to-be-an-all-around-bobby-fischer-61-59-12.jpg (850x400, 89.09K)

I dabbed hard on CS after graduating because making money for sovlless mega corpos who are all actively making life worse by trying their hardest to get people to look at ads.

I still do my own work, but I'm doing commissioned physical art now.

hot him, but I learned coding in college

Have a CS BS with honors, realized it was a bullshit field when I got to the "software engineering" class where I learned how to make/tally up time for fake Jira tickets. That and how much "coding" is utterly contingent bullshit meme of the day software you waste an eternity learning only for it to become obsolete overnight (as opposed to timeless things like C, Lisp, Unix shit). Pajeet tier bullshit unworthy of an aspiring natural philosopher interested in computational neuroscience, theory of computation, logic, simulation and numerical methods, and shit.

IDK, guess it's my literal autism (neuropsych diag aspie) but all the money is not worth it to waste my life doing garbage that has nothing to do with nature, logic, and math but just enabling roastie gossip, iToddler trinkets, NSA honeypots, and dystopia of the evil FAGMEN.

Attached: godel.gif (440x641, 273.01K)

>nigga its brainless as fuck. it's reading tutorials over and over and reading books. none of that requires smarts. booksmarts and memorization isnt smart.
retarded take
but its expected in Any Forums where most just LARP as programmers