Is X670 (AMD) complete garbage?

The official spec for the connector between the motherboard and the first linked chipset is just 4x pci express 4.0 which would be a really bad bottneneck.

So we just have to hope it's unoficially better* than pci express 4 but don't get your hopes up too high.

vintologi.com/threads/13900kf-vs-13700kf-vs-7900x-vs-7950x.1147/#post-6734

*sandy bridge e did have unofficial pci express 3 support, it was just a case of them not getting certified for it.

Attached: AMD-X670.jpg (6097x2099, 968.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vintologi.com/threads/lame-products-lazy-engineering.1155/#post-6730
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this actual pin-out?

Attached: 1640289787696.gif (202x196, 1.28M)

The CPU itself should have 28 pci express 5 lanes going from it but the X670 chipsets doesn't officially support it.

lol wut

Attached: 84e.gif (200x198, 128.69K)

>2x USB 2.0
why for god's sake
it's 20 fucking 22

>official spec
>some random block diagram a 14 year old put together in omnigraffle

link to the AMD website or get out

>Is X670 (AMD) complete garbage?
Yes, whoever buys an X chipset board this generation I will personally take a dump on their doormat

Attached: 1583311215632.jpg (1198x1600, 143.65K)

no shintel is i mean intcelaviv i mean intcel, i mean telavintcel, i mean housefire i mean intel

B650 will be even worse (just 20 pci express lanes).

What ever did happen to the list?
Feels like after zen3 it just stopped being updated.

I did look at the AMD website and didn't find anything about it there. I read that the chipset was supposed to support pci express 5 but failed certification (reddit comment) if that is true then it might not actually mean anything.

3930k did have unofficial support for pci express 3.

yes this will bottleneck considering PCI 4.0 x4 has a datarate of 7.9 GB/s, but that assumes no DMA and each peripheral acts as a switch.

>each peripheral acts as a switch
what i meant to say was each PROM21 acts as a PCIe switch.

Its new ps/2

>Is AMD complete garbage?
Always has been.

Chipset doesn't mean shit when motherboard vendors don't implement anything in a sane manner or even expose all the lanes available from the chipset

They are only decent with CPUs thanks to intel not getting their shit together.

vintologi.com/threads/lame-products-lazy-engineering.1155/#post-6730

He misses the point.
Zen to this point has allowed desktop and server to reuse the same CCD's.
That reduces development time and cost significantly. WIth that said, the current package isn't ideal for desktop, Zen 5 will be designed with specific layouts specific to all markets. Desktop will still be chiplet, but with far tighter integration, unifying the L3 across multiple compute dies and connecting the IO via advanced packaging for far higher FCLK and lower latency. Mobile SoC's will progress into high efficiency chiplet forms. Server is rather simple.

>You're going to fill those two ports with kb+mouse anyway.
>USB 3.0 runs at ~2.4ghz, so USB 2.0 might even be beneficial for wireless dongles
>Better compatibility on BIOS flashback

Out of my 12 USB ports, the only thing that *needs* USB 3.0 is my oculus quest.

Massive cope.

There are also situations where USB3 won't work so you will need legacy 2.0

No, it's just clearly out of your price range.
Buy a B650.

So what are the actual numbers regarding bottlenecking here?