I use a Thinkpad T400s computer...

>I use a Thinkpad T400s computer, which has a free initialization program (libreboot) and a free operating system (Trisquel GNU/Linux). It was not sold that way by Lenovo, however; small businesses buy them used, recondition them, and install the free software. This is one of the computers endorsed by the FSF.

That's the distro Stallman uses, it's on his page.
Why nobody on Any Forums is using it?

Attached: t10-mate-desktop.jpg (1280x720, 275.14K)

Because I use Fedora.

Attached: tux holding fedora 35.png (602x500, 33.89K)

Probably less user-friendly than most distros in favor of free software emphasis.

because it's over 12 years old.

Should I install trisquel?

Attached: 20220914_104814.jpg (2880x2160, 1.7M)

Ancient, slow as fuck. Being that technology is my hobby, I can't imagine using a decade old computer in 2022.

It has a satanic logo.

I imagine because people need to get shit done with their computers

Also on the topic of T400s and libreboot, you need not fear the wson-8, for you see Ivan, your problems can go away by the good of getting

I don't recommend this unless you don't give a fuck.do not cut too deep on the 3vcc trace, lightly cut at it and check with ohms and repeat until you are through

Attached: IMG_20220914_135353068_HDR.jpg (2592x1944, 2.26M)

Why does Any Forums use tcpip instead of ip over mesh ax.25? Because you need a ham radio license and life is difficult enough already beyond setting up your own laptop to be fully librebooted.

Remove the windows 7 logo first then we can talk

sir that is a windows xp logo

I'm simply not autistic enough to use a 12 year old computer because of a couple kb sized proprietary blob

Attached: 1642997220532.jpg (990x990, 180.3K)

sir I'm replying to you from a 14 year old computer

The only thing that prevents me from corebooting my Thinkpad is, that I'm retarded and afraid to brick my machine.

Just buy another one, are you poor or something?

you cant brick it
you can destroy it, but with a programming clip and a way to use it, there is no way to brick

i don't understand why people would buy SOE Chinese communist Lenovo gear and then expect any modicum of "freedom" from it

Stallman's use case is pretty limited, he only runs Emacs in the Linux framebuffer for 99% of the time and completes all of his daily tasks from there. Trisquel is probably the best GNU-endorsed distro, but that doesn't make it a good distro. It's a fork of Ubuntu, which itself is a fork of Debian. They stopped providing 32-bit x86 install images, so you cannot install it on most librebooted X60's. It's even more outdated than Debian Stable. The funniest thing about all of this is that Debian is entirely free software by default, you have to go out of your way and add proprietary repos to even install any proprietary programs. But the fact that those are hosted on the same servers is enough grounds for FSF to not endorse it. There actually was a brief episode when Debian and the FSF worked together, but the partnership ended due to FSF's autism. FSF's guidelines stipulate that software cannot "steer" the user towards proprietary software in order to be endorsed. What constitutes "steering" is of course entirely up to them. In my opinion Debian does not steer the user towards proprietary software, in their opinion it does. This shit hurts free software adoption and contributes to its negative image as "muh secret club".

>Why nobody on Any Forums is using it?
Isn't it just a more freetarded version of Debian?

Attached: 1663084578202834.jpg (622x605, 45.67K)

I smell defeatism...