yes

No

Maybe

install guix

Fuck no

Depends.

Nope

Based retard.
Use binary based distros and respect your own time, but guix is a lot better than nix or gentoo on a personal system.

I'd still personally recommend Void.
>Verification not required.

Yeah. I daily drive it and haven't had any issues I couldn't fix with a simple reconfiguration.

>simple reconfiguration
Yeah just rebuild everything bro, i don't know why i was getting errors so i just rebuilt every piece of software on my computer.

No

chicky chang wang, gentoo is for fangs

This is like me saying
>oh arch broke your xorg.conf? Yeah just format your disk and reinstall everything.
The difference is me recompiling libxyz with USE="-silly" takes less time than it took for me to write this post.

fpbp

>arch broke your xorg.conf
That would be applicable if i advised using arch. The AUR, the community, AUR helpers, pacman itself, systemd...
It's an awful fucking distro.

>recompiling libxyz with USE="-silly"
proper packaging solutions do not need this, and even if they would, you can always use their designated build systems to rebuild a piece of software yourself.
Gentoo is obsolete and useless.

>no I don't want to control my system and you shouldn't either
Good to know, dismissed.

> xorg.conf
2010 called, wants its joke back.

How much time does it take to compile Firefox? It must be insane to do that every time it gets an update.

Yes, i don't want complete control.
I want control over the things that don't already have sane defaults.

I don't need to type out every line of my grub config to make it work>
I don't need to tell my bootloader which kernel to boot.
I DO need to control software like cli applications, desktop emulators, browsers and tui tools.

You should control your system, and you have that control with distros like Void or Fedora.
It's just that those distros provide you with proper tooling to get shit done, and not stand and wait for a tool to compile when i need it.

If i want a custom version of that software, i can compile it easily using their respective build systems, but default binaries provided by distros are generally speaking fit for the job.

Nobody's telling you to build your own car part by part because that would be dumb.
It's way smarter to get a nice car, and tweak it to your prefferences and needs.

Attached: 3.png (607x615, 42.56K)

>grub.cfg
Better now? Jesus you retards are annoying.

>desktop emulators
Was thinking of a desktop enviroment, misstyped.

I left Arch for it. Yea it takes a long time to compile everything and get it all set up. But you compile things specifically for your CPU, the kernel is stripped of garbage, the USEflags let you cut out garbage like gnome and systemd. Once it is all set up i'd say it is probably the best distro.