I love Ubuntu

>Software installation and updates are really easy, only dsitro with a good GUI software manager and updater in my experience (Fedora's with it's weird repos is a mess)
>Does customizations to GNOME to make it much more usable (the bar, accent colors are nice, desktop icons etc.)
>Is well supported software wise, and also in regard to getting help
>Comes as point releases, which I prefer to rolling, has stable LTS versions which are nice if you want a rig to stay the same for a long time
>Cool wallpapers
>Also big in server world, so can use on servers as well as desktop, reducing the amount of package managers I need to be in contact with
>One of the best installers for easy setup as well
>Helped push desktop linux in the early days
Thank you Canonical

Attached: ubuntu.png (620x620, 12.75K)

I'm not going to use your shitty distro, Mark.

telemetry

Ubuntu peaked at 7.04

i love freebsd

Attached: freebsd-logo-542DF4765A-seeklogo.com.png (300x295, 12.36K)

How so? You can just opt out

more like you love Red Hat since you're using all technologies made by them

memes aside, what does it do?

Fedora with KDE has thumbnails in the file picker, accent colors, non-snap firefox, a software store that works, and a reasonable release schedule.

I don't know what it does, but I know what it doesn't do - work

...which Canonical improved upon.
Fedora is soulless, Ubongo has sovl
CAPTCHA: HAT A2T

Snapstore can't update itself and spams with notification for a week already asking me to stop it or something bad will happen in 13 days
What a joke

Just kill the process, then update. If you do sudo snap update snap-store it will give you the process you need to kill. Kill it, then rerun the command.
Alternatively, remove snaps entirely.

Attached: Movie_poster_for__Scary_Movie_.jpg (259x383, 26.98K)

sudo snap refresh

No thanks, I'm sticking with the white man's distro

Attached: debian-logo-vertical.gif (1529x2015, 23.94K)

My hardware isn't supported on stable. Might go Ubuntu -> Debian when Bookworm goes stable, but desu, Ubuntu is damn nice. I do really like Debian as well tho. I would miss the Ubuntu version of GNOME, the bar is very nice.

It says there is no update command for snap though
Only brings up the notification again

subverted and seized by redhat, enjoy your switcheroo and trackerminerfs services

refresh* sorry, like the other user said.
You have to run the command specifically on snap-store.
sudo snap refresh snap-store
kill ${PID_OF_SNAPSTORE}
sudo snap refresh snap-store

First command gives you pid of snap-store, use that to kill it, and then you can update it

Thanks! Now it seems to be fixed, and snap won't murder me in 13 days

I've had some bad experiences upgrading from one point release to another. Does that still happen?