Microsoft Pluton

With Pluton compromising the latest Ryzen CPUs, is there any hope for consumer-grade CPUs?

Is piracy officially doing to die in the next 10 years?

Attached: a0811bf2bdc0ba189f57544f8635dbca.png (1024x675, 820.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gabrielsieben.tech/2022/07/29/remote-assertion-is-coming-back-how-much-freedom-will-it-take/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah piracy is gonna die any minute now like it has been for the last 30 years.
>b-bbut it's different t-this time!
Yeah like the other 2897342398 times it was differentâ„¢

I'm not interested in hearing answers from brainlets like yourself who don't understand anything about CPU hardware.

>CPU hardware
>brainlets like yourself
Thanks for the laugh now fuck off

You will never need anything more than a 5000 series CPU ever again.
>8 cores per CCX
>3D cache for the best in single-threaded/low multicore-processing performance
A single CCX per CCD was the biggest change AMD could've done for their Zen line for performance enhancements other than 3D cache. Now that you can get both with a Zen 3 processor there's no reason to go further.

Yes, you are indeed a brainlet.

pluton can be disabled in BIOS

I wish they released a 65W 5950X

How is pluton any different from TPM or IME they are both forced inside your CPU and can do remote DRM

Piracy is a meme anyway.

Wtf I love memes now

A few random people "disabling" it doesn't change the incoming remote attestation.
gabrielsieben.tech/2022/07/29/remote-assertion-is-coming-back-how-much-freedom-will-it-take/

It's different and scary cuz the orange site said so

You can't disable IME so what's the difference

>muh freedumbs being taken away n shiiieeet
>uses wordpress

Attached: 1637244595976.jpg (413x395, 16.42K)

>3D cache
Isn't this just for the 5800X3D?

honestly anyone writing about security and using wordpress should have their computer taken away

IME doesn't literally block me from running unsigned software, dumbshit AMD fanboy.

Yep, hence me saying its great for single-core performance or applications which aren't massively multi-core (Majority of games and desktop applications). 8 cores = 1 CCX on the single CCD of the package, so its the best of both worlds.

>go to order pizza online
>they removed the non-free javascript
>can finally eat pizza after 7 years
>running libre, custom-built kernel
>remote attestation of kernel hash failed
>tfw the botnet wants me to starve

Attached: 1497916445729.png (1280x720, 1.04M)

IME can though. Same as TPM. Difference is TPM can be disabled, IME cannot as it is responsible for bootstrapping the cores. Without it your CPU doesn't boot. That's DRM worse than Pluton.

nor does tpm or pluton

Right. It's all the remote services that expect your computer to have pluton and not be running unsigned software.

What services are these and why do you use them