You have 10 seconds to explain why you're not using Slackware

You have 10 seconds to explain why you're not using Slackware

Attached: slackware.jpg (750x1123, 145.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/void-linux/xbps/blob/master/lib/transaction_check_revdeps.c#L33-L42
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have no idea why would I want to

i used to use S.u.S.E. waaay back, which i think was based on slackware? went from there across some "integrated" distros to arch and then void
is it true that it doesn't have a package manager?
what's the appeal?

>no package manager
slackpkg
sbopkg
sbotools

But user, I'm using it right now.

Attached: 2022-09-14-082325_698x429_scrot.png (698x429, 9.5K)

Because GuixSD is simply superior to any classical distro. My entire system and user configuration lives in one file that I can put on any machine and have a perfect environment in a few minutes with 1 command.

Ive seen your desktop in desktop threads, keep it up user proud of you

Nice

Attached: pope.jpg (470x700, 56.72K)

nice non-answer, made me research
here's their stated benefits of manual package management and my response
>Lack of administrative control
in xbps this is just ignorepkg=
>It prompts for installation of packages that may have a bad security history, without manual research you would not be able to verify the security history of an installed package
that's just an illustration of the first point
>It may install an application that conflicts with current installed applications, which can break software components in your system.
nope, github.com/void-linux/xbps/blob/master/lib/transaction_check_revdeps.c#L33-L42
>If you may decide to recompile an application and remove certain functions, the removal of said functions may eliminate the need to have specific dependencies installed but with an auto-resolution system it will force those packages even though they are not needed.
that's just wrong, you'd obviously remove the unneeded dependencies from the custom package

It's not 1992 where the OS is developed by a pimpled college student and a bunch of communist virgins, it's a platform worth hundreds of millions of dollarinos, I am NOT resolving dependencies manually

NixOS is better

Because I'm using EndeavourOS.

>made me research
good

void is also a good distro. too bad it's all trannies now

>sqg -p mpv
>sbopkg -i mpv
That was hard

lol
lmao

At leat use GuixSD if you're going that route.

NormieOS

Attached: norm.gif (640x480, 2.02M)

>good
yea i might have come off a little confrontational there, as stated in my first post i have a vague idea of its contributions which i of course respect
>too bad it's all trannies now
be the change you want to see in the world i think it went?
also isn't the transgender person the most productive contributor?
also rip pullmoll i cri evritiem

the joke
the circus

is this sleek'n'tears? the gigachad photograper?

'Influence' or 'Pressure' post detected. The OP is either an employee of a company/government/NGO/nonprofit entity, or a troll. Do not engage.

>someone was paid money to shill Slackware on Any Forums
???
How do I get a job like this?