>white men good
>black men bad

well said, fellow eastsister!

He was against globohomo
also anti industrialization and they be the same thing

It's not even
>West GUD
it's
>NorthWestern "Europe" and specifically Britain and then specifically the AngloSaxons GUD

LOTR books are fucking boring. Why people pretend this is some TOP TIER literature?

OP will never have sex.

That's not really his main point but he was naive about certain things. I think if he was alive today he wouldn't be such an incredible hippy about certain things where people peg him for "not being le based" but then again so would most people historically

Tolkien hated allegory, all these projections you apply to his work are your own

the elves capitol is lindon
like wat nigga

Attached: 166285226165035416.gif (400x167, 402.07K)

>Tolkein hated allegory
Actually read his essays, you fucking retard. You don't know what allegory means.

>east bad even though the eastern desert religion I obsess over is my entire life
what did tolkien mean by this

I hate when people say he hated allegory. He specifically called Lord of the rings catholic, stated that frodo gandalf and argorn are representations of Jesus, and orcs are associated with industrilization because they make war machines and destroy forests.

He’s right though. Of course tolkien’s how ideas and parallels with the real world exist in the text. But the things in the story aren’t representations or metaphors for real world things. They are just themselves, inspired by real things. He even says the catholicism is in subtext and in the imaginative and moral framework that he built the story on, not in allegories and metaphors.

The fact that his works were fundamentally Catholic (in tone and theme) is not allegory. Allegory is if he had, I don't know.... a lion character that was an obvious stand in for Jesus.

>I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done so since I grew old and wary enough to detect its presence. I much prefer history, true or feigned, with its varied applicability to the thought and experience of readers. I think that many confuse 'applicability' with 'allegory'; but the one resides in the freedom of the reader, and the other in the purposed domination of the author.

JRR Tolkien, Foreword to the Second Edition of The Lord of the Rings.

Things having connections to other things isn't allegory, and it doesn't make LOTR an allegory. It's just how meaning works. Tolkien was right to make a distinction here. LOTR isn't a description of real-world events (in context, he brings it up to tell people to stop saying it's a "retelling" of World War 2) and there is no single "key" to its meaning.

>globohomo
What the fuck is this newspeak meaningless buzzword? Are you just too lazy to make a proper sentence now?

You should read his introduction to LotR he expresses kills the idea of any metaphor, allegory, or nod to real world events or situations. Specifically he wanted to point out it wasn’t a metaphor for WW2 at all and any resemblance is by chance (as when it came out people would have been likely to compare the book to WW2 vs now it’s all who is gay or black).

it's just a disrespectful way to say globalism.
Americans will literally bomb innocent brown people with smart bombs in order to get them to have gay buttsex. They are globohomo.

>globohomo

It's been around for years. It's hardly 'newspeak' and is short-hand of saying globally homogenous which is basically what some people want the entire world to be like.

Globalization has been a thing since late 1800s.
Literally read a book or are you brown?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_globalization
Tolkein's criticism of it is something along the lines of calling it globohomo.

Weeb cope. Weebs are globohomo.

If anything Tolkien is anti globohomo

they just like to conveniently forget that the east civilized the west

I don't care where you're from, prepare your anus