Is getting a bachelor's in computer science (in the USA) still a good option or is that stuff getting outsourced?

Is getting a bachelor's in computer science (in the USA) still a good option or is that stuff getting outsourced?

Also, I'm not a good coder (its not that I don't try, coding's not for everyone)

Attached: jargon.jpg (1200x1400, 92.67K)

Its the new baby's first job. As easy as flipping burgers and pays about as much.

I knew it.

What's a better field to get into that pays a lot?

Doctor

Dont. Do data informatics or data science. If youre going into programming just learn yourself and get certs. Build a portfolio.

Yep. Can I use CS as a pre-med major?

What? Fuck no. The hell you thinking?

Networking or computer engineering. What exactly do you want to do. Comp sci degree is to computers as biology is to science

it's always hiring but because of the higher education saturation in the labor pool, and the H1B visas in the u.s., your wage won't be anything special. many, many people drop out of comp sci because of discrete math, coding, etc.

I guarantee you that whatever your degree is, you won't use it. The education system is that fucked. I recommend getting a business degree, psychology, etc. It's weird advice, but don't think about what career or job you're shooting for, just take (and finish) classes that interest you. Your degree choice will change several times before you land on something.

Unless your asian/indian family will disown you if you're not STEM, or if you absolutely love playing sudoku and can't get enough, I would avoid comp sci

What? No of course not

No retard do an easy degree where you can get the highest GPA as possible and just do your prerequisites (advanced anatomy and chemistry) within the course progression.

The us is getting more liberal and leaning towards leftist ideology so psych jobs are increasing as the need for people to have therapist rises. Benefit also being you can’t outsource a damn therapist

Yep all sectors are fucked. I got a STEM degree. Employers are driving the value of your labor to close to unlivible wages upon graduation.

Computer 'science'. What even is that. Honestly.

Aight, but that would fuck up my course schedule.
I'm already halfway through my CS degree.

It's fucked.

it's great
don't smoke weed, don't get arrested, you'll qualify for a security clearance. can't outsource those jobs and there are loads of them on the east coast.
meh, the data shit is mostly worthless fad garbage. probably like 1 job in 100 it could actually legitimately apply to, another 3 where someone thinks it could apply, but it doesn't, and the other 97 where it's irrelevant

Well, you made a poor decision. Now ypu have to live with it. Time to grow up.

Ok whatever you say.

OP here. I'd honestly like to do either medicine or data science.

Argentinian Dev here. i would gladly work for american minimum wage

I know. My dad wanted me to major in computer science but he's so oblivious to the whole field.

You asked what paid the most. I answered. I dont give a fuck what you do. Odds are youll fail out and be a debt slave. Sage.