Do you ever have the thought that all the stuff you've spent your whole life accumulating will end up in the garbage?

Do you ever have the thought that all the stuff you've spent your whole life accumulating will end up in the garbage?

Things with sentimental value, like family photos and childhood drawings, etc.

Even really elaborate collections that are valuable may end up somewhere you don't want it to be.

Just feels strange.

Attached: p1020334-001.jpg (640x480, 102.41K)

yes... and i became a minimalist

Just think about your relatives looking through all your stuff trying to decide if they can get any money from it. Anything they can’t get easy money from goes into the hopper.
All your treasures/all the stories...gone

same here. i've gotten a lot less sentimental about physical objects.

Attached: 024-9.jpg (2021x2752, 848.07K)

No way, I don't even have that much stuff. If anything I need more stuff

Yes, this will happen if your family doesn’t care about you. I’ve seen it happen they will just get rid of it for space or money

Yeah I have. Oh well.

My roommate died in 2020 of a blood clot.
Fell over dead in the kitchen at 3AM.
He had a $250,000 star wars collection that his idiot step brother and step sister (only remaining relatives) sold for $8,000.
I kek every time I think about it.

When you die they will throw all your shit in the trash. Friends dad has a ton of guitars he thinks are worth money and some actually are worth money if you take the time to find the right buyer. Gonna take the whole load to a pawn shop and get hardly anymore for them all.

That entire room looks like it could be reduced to an ash heap with a net loss of 0 for humanity.

When I die, they will drag me down to the curb on trash day in a black drawstring yard bag, that’s about how much my shits worth

Yes. After you die, everyone else goes through your shit, tosses most of it out, because it doesn't mean shit to them, maybe keep a few smaller items that remind them of you, sell whatever is worth anything, and the rest goes to the local thrift store for a tax-deductible, charitable donation. That's the reality of it, right there.

that's how poor stupid people stay poor.
if you were really a friend, you'd step in and help them just a tiny bit. it's not hard to post a guitar on craigslist or reverb.

>it's not hard to post a guitar on craigslist or reverb.
ok now post and sort over 200 guitars

There it is, the perfect answer

>some actually are worth money if you take the time to find the right buyer
This is the case for so much shit. When I first moved in with my wife she was like this and that are worth $500 sure if you find someone that really likes whatever obscure antique. When we moved over the ocean she just sold almost everything in her apartment for $1000 even if it was supposedly worth $10000

OP here. My parents are getting ready to retire, so they are having this realization. Makes me want to become a minimalist may be a good life choice in the future.

Only an idiot thinks he has all the time in the world to sell everything at full price. And most of the people that try to hold onto everything to sell for max profit just never sell anything.

I suppose so user, everything is junk on a long enough time scale.
I had to deal with a lot of this when my mom passed recently, so I know exactly what you're talking about. Way too many days digging through stuff that never should have been saved. But at the same time a surprising amount wasn't tossed, a lot of it was perfectly good to give away to family or sell. She was just a bit of a hoarder.
I personally don't accumulate much junk, I would say I have the same perspective. I don't have an issue buying things I genuinely enjoy and use, these tend to hold their value, but mindlessly adding more stuff to my life doesn't tend to improve it. So I avoid it as much as possible, I really don't want to have a room in my house that looks anything like that pic.

Yes, which is why I go through my shit yearly and get rid of what I don't use. As I get older I'll get rid of more and what I do have will hopefully be reused.
Depending on the laws in your state you can have a handwritten will on hand too, I want all my shit to go to people in need in a community I grew up in so I put that in there. May or may not happen but I tried.

It didn't really occur to me until late 2007, when my step-father tried(?) to send all of my stuff to me when I was living with my cousin after being kicked out from living with my aunt (both were two states away from where I originally was, and where step-father/mom was), and it all suddenly "disappeared" in the mail. A huge crate of stuff...things like my Pokemon cards (14 theme decks), my NES, SNES, Gamecube, etc...all gone, and I've never seen any of it since.

Impermanence. We're all just...dang ol' dust in the wind, man.

Attached: growing up.png (797x924, 41.87K)

jesus christ
YES!
I have amassed a $100k coin collection
and NOBODY in my family gives fuck all about it

Outside of my small magic the gathering collection, which is more sentimental than anything, I only collect little trinkets that remind me of my friends and family. after my basement flooded and a lot of those trinkets got ruined, I kind of gave up. not worth it

Actually, living a streamlined life as a minimalist is healthier, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually, etc.

kek
i just purchased and went through about 40k magic cards. got some real gems.
#hoardersunite