Too stupid to use Linux

>Too stupid to use Linux
>Doesn't understand the difference between ad blocking and piracy
>Today said IBM isn't an IT company
>14 MILLION subscribers

How?

Attached: Creator of Linux.jpg (960x720, 24.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

documentcloud.org/documents/21068028-wyden-letter-to-omb-on-ad-blocking
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He hires competent people

>How?
Because your average joe is significantly dumber.

search any basic consumer technology question on youtube
5 of his videos will come up first

Ad blocking is piracy by definition: it's the consumption of content circumventing otherwise obligatory monetization. That doesn't mean it is wrong, but it does mean it's piracy.

> too stupid to use Linux
Using Linux on the desktop is objectively retarded. If you're paranoid, use OpenBSD. The point of an operating system is to enable you to do work on it, not to spend half your time ricing out an obtuse window manager.

> IBM not an IT company
I don't know the context for this, but their main revenue sources aren't mainframe anymore they're cloud and AI software, so maybe that's what he was getting at.

He said it in the context they aren't an IT company like EVGA or Asus that need to sell components to make money.

He also said it's time to lay off the 1% because $300,000 a year quite simply, is not that much money.

>Open thread
>This pic is still not posted

Attached: 17456563452352.png (943x943, 567.62K)

>Ad Blocking is piracy

A person by their own free will uploads a video to a website, it may have cost them money to produce, but that's beside the point as they chose to do this. The website is free to sign up and free to use with no obligation to watch advertisements, they can place ads again, if they wish, and I can choose to block them if I wish.

so he's basically the average Any Forums poster but without the 14 million subs and millions of dollars in the bank.

Attached: cl.png (795x365, 26.89K)

You will be surprised how dumb people are, OP, hell, I even worked with "smart" people who supposedly are engineers with big titles and shit, and can't even install Linux not to mention using it.

>no obligation to watch advertisements
There's no obligation to enter the correct number of avocados on the self checkout register at walmart, either, that doesn't mean it isn't stealing to enter 2 when you really have 4.

Again, different question as to the ethicality of stealing from Walmart. But the case for youtube videos is different in that blocking ads directly reduces revenue for the creator and not just Google, whereas stealing from Walmart mainly hurts Walmart.

Are you retarded? Entering the correct number at a checkout is not the same as watching a free video. Maybe if walmart offered avocados for free and asked nicely that I listen to a 30 second advert, but again I'm not obliged.

You don't haggle with the automatic tills?

>85540688
guaranteed (you)

installing linux doesn't make you smart

>unauthorized use
Exactly.

These platforms are built on the business model of "free content monetized by ads" , they do not authorize you to use ad blockers and in fact the youtube terms of service states they reserve the right to block your access if you are not commercially profitable (i.e., block ads and don't subscribe to premium products).

If you have to use a third part tool specifically to interfere with the normal operation of a platform, in such a way that you deny otherwise existent money rendered in exchange for content, and you still consume that content, that is undeniably piracy.

I pirate too, things like torrents and IRC servers for anime. It's unethical but I don't give a shit. I just hate this wishy-washy "Nooo it's not piracy there's nothing wrong with it don't take my Good Boy points :("

neck yourself, faggot
documentcloud.org/documents/21068028-wyden-letter-to-omb-on-ad-blocking

Attached: cock.png (680x921, 359.33K)

You're assuming your conclusion in your premise by arguing that the very model of "free in exchange for ads" is inherently one for which piracy is impossible. It's a circular argument.

Only at walmart, not at ethical stores like Winco or Co-Ops

> the federal government directing federal agencies to block sketchy internet advertisements is directly comparable to me blocking ads on YouTube videos at home

yes, and I'm tired of pretending that it isn't

Attached: chen.png (507x777, 168.58K)

>>Today said IBM isn't an IT company
IBM is a consulting company that used to produce M1 grand military rifles.