I have had Signal for the better part of 6 years, and in that time I have had

I have had Signal for the better part of 6 years, and in that time I have had.

>three contacts sign up for signal
>people get mad at WhatsApp, but stick with it
>the three contacts that signed up all ended up deleting it eventually

At this point I just have it installed and check if others have it when exchanging contact information but I am honestly done trying to get people to switch. I don't even think it's that secure, and Moxie Marlinkike's stupid XMR scam fork honestly put me off supporting it more vocally.

What's even the point anymore.

Attached: og-image-ff2096df535eee499356de64b19fa8cebb9681ab1e78cca7330e7f8b8d5ec6d5.png (1200x630, 19.62K)

Does it still require a phone number?

Yup.

I think it was two years ago they said that it wouldn't anymore, and nothing came of it. I actually felt that would make a lot more people use it.

But I don't want signal to be the next Telegram

>give strangers your phone number
What did Signal mean by this?

Just delete the WhatsApp app. If people *really* need to contact you, they'll sign up for Signal

Everyone just uses telegram as the whatsapp alternative because you can pirate on it, except they don't think it's piracy because you can download stuff on your phone not using torrents.

no, they'll just text me over plain SMS which is even worse

Or they will just use sms/email
Am I the only one that still mainly uses those two?

I mostly use SMS, is Signal any good as an SMS client, given that I don't care about privacy?

Great! Now tell them to sign up for Signal

I still use email on a daily basis, I just don't use SMS. It's shit expensive, and it's only used for retarded services that only have SMS 2FA

what's wrong with telegram ?

Everyone who has an iPhone uses iMessage, the default texting app. Although iMessage is always in the same lists as Signal and Telegram, so we Americans just use the glorified SMS app.

There's nothing wrong with Telegram, I just see it as a social platform like Discord. I don't want to mix my social life and personal communications together, especially since Telegram requires a phone number to sign up

Nothing really, I just see it more of a social platform like Discord. I want my social life and personal communications to be on different platforms

I use Signal exclusively as my only SMS app and just smile internally when I see one of my contacts is using it

lol all my contacts migrated

Signal sucks from a UX perspective. Try Telegram instead.
It's superior to WhatsApp, although that's still not enough to overcome the network effect.

They won’t. They’ll tell me to get WhatsApp because everyone else is on it

I'm mostly pissed for their unusable shitcoin with KYC instead of fucking XMR. Fucking cash grab.

They ask for a phone number.

>It's shit expensive
here, free calls and sms nationwide are included with pretty much every half-way decent data plans