/iemg/ + /pmp/ - In-Ear Monitor & Portable Music Player General

Autists BTFO edition

This thread is for the discussion of portable media players and in-ear monitors.

• /iemg/ Recommends HackMD:
hackmd.io/@AyPeeEye/S1sNUVosu

• Extensive PMP Guide:
align-centre.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/06/dap-comparison-2021-06

• Why use a PMP instead of a phone?
>better DAC/AMP
>more output power so it can drive higher impedance headphones
>smaller sizes than phones for activities like exercise
>physical buttons
>headphone jacks
>some people can't use smartphone at work/use dumbphones

• How to request advice:
>Budget
>Source (phone or PMPs)
>Location
>Kind (in-ears or earbuds)
>Sound Signature (or genres you like, important!)
>Past gear and your thoughts on them (important!)

/iemg/ Hall of Fame:
• [Insert meme here]
• CCA CRA (V with good treble extension/VK4 spiritual successor)
• TIn T3 Plus (Mild V)
• Etymotic ER2SE/XR ("Reference" Neutral/Bass boosted neutral)
• Moondrop KATO (Bass-boosted neutral)
• Tanchjim Hana 2021 (Mini-Oxygen with more bass)
• Tanchjim Oxygen (Mild V)
• Moondrop Blessing 2/Dusk (Neutral/Bassbosted neutral)
• [The one that you are using]

/pmp/ Hall of Fame:
• Your phone
• Hiby R3 Pro / Pro Saber
• Sony NWA-55 + Mr Walkman mod
• Fiio M11+

/USB/BT DAC/ Hall of Fame:
• Tempotec Sonata HD Pro
• e1da 9038s/d
• Qudelix 5K
• CX-Pro Audio 31993

/TWS/ Hall of Fame:
• [picrel]

Old thread:

Attached: Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 17-01-53 Headphones Table Tool.png (1903x978, 272.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aXl_AB5ezvs
head-fi.org/threads/tripowin-x-hbb-mele-olina-discussion-thread-olina-out-now.959328/post-16800110
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

XBA-N3

Attached: e62a6762b30fcf47119f5873fe7630d2.jpg (800x533, 243.22K)

CRA causes tinnitus (irreversible hearing damage)
O2 is eclipsed by EDX Pro

put quarks into the hof
they are small, cute, and i like them

Attached: file.png (1295x1295, 3.07M)

Attached: begone.png (1200x675, 1.6M)

nande sono po-su wo katteshimatta aniki

OK, so after getting an 2,5mm to 3,5mm adapter to be able to use my k-cable with my PC and it not working, I realized that the problem is that the 2,5mm plug of the k-cable is "balanced", so it uses a different wiring, and it's not something that can be used with a 3,5mm plug with a simple adapter.
So, what would be my solution? Is there something as a DAC with a 2,5mm balanced output? Also, is there a standard for this, or do I have to get one that is compatible with the cable? Looking on the internet, I found pic related, that tells me manufacturers are retards that do things their own way.
Can I just get any DAC, or are there specific ones for different wiring? Anyone knows wtf kind of wiring Moondrop uses, or knows a compatible DAC?

Attached: file.png (408x275, 23.02K)

>we've lost the KatoGODS
>now we've gain an XBANigger

cope oxyshitter

Attached: smug asuka.jpg (1500x1500, 198.01K)

ToT nakadashi quarks chan ToT

youtube.com/watch?v=aXl_AB5ezvs
This & N3AP

Attached: download.jpg (852x480, 24.89K)

Still here

Attached: 1640552507410.webm (542x720, 2.81M)

You need a 3.5mm unbalanced TRS to 2.5mm balanced TRRS adapter. These are common and cheap on Amazon.

>not XBAN3gger
One job

>3.5mm unbalanced TRS to 2.5mm balanced TRRS
OK, thanks

KatoGODS won?

Attached: 20220205_001215.jpg (4032x3024, 3.31M)

And use common sense: make sure the 3.5mm end is a male plug and the 2.5mm end is female. They make ones that go the other way, but NEVER get that kind under any circumstance. You can adapt an unbalanced source to accept a balanced earphone. It just bridges L- and R- from the earphone and uses it as unbalanced. You don't get any of the balanced benefits but you can use them without swapping the cable. But you can't adapt unbalanced earphones to go in a balanced jack. That would bridge L- and R- on the DAC, making a dead short between them whenever the left and right channels differ, damaging the device over time.

>needs burn in
Uh oh

Attached: W.png (1207x773, 945.32K)

OK. And supposing I'd want to use the balanced benefits, do you have any suggestions of a cheap DAC that has a 2,5mm TRRS female plug?

Idk how it stacks up against other USB only options, but I have a Qudelix 5K for using wired earphones over Bluetooth and it has a balanced output and also supports USB C input.

Why you got two cables b?

Attached: IMG_2433_25.jpg (1008x756, 205.67K)

Not me

Attached: F.png (646x523, 226.5K)

Meh, you can either play loud stuff through it for a couple days straight, or just use it normally for a week or two. If it even makes any difference at all, you get the same result, though with the normal use method you probably won't notice any change because it's gradual.

what if you'll notice the change when there is actually none?

Olina vs Oxygen
head-fi.org/threads/tripowin-x-hbb-mele-olina-discussion-thread-olina-out-now.959328/post-16800110

Holy shit Oxyshitters absolutely in shambles
They were on their last leg after KATO and now this..

I’m not a regular in these threads but are there mainly pajeets here? Why are these always full of cheap chinkshit?

I'm not really fervently on either side of the burn-in war. I do think my CCA C12's DD changed a bit with use though. When it was new, a bad source like my laptop headphone jack sounded somewhat bass-deficient while a good source like ES100 or Clip+ sounded great. Now a good source still sounds great, but on my laptop it sounds equally as bassy, but sloppier and less controlled than the bass from a good source.

reddit
what remained of native loligy population has been exterminated in past 3 years totally

Attached: da10260513b29021149d1584dbbb03ce-imagejpeg.jpg (1308x2232, 1.53M)

Because most of us are NEETs living on neetbux. Some of us have jobs though some have more to throw at this hobby than others. So a great deal of us are thrilled to find decent sounding IEMs for $20 while others want to go TOTL for $2000.

I sold my Kato's pretty much only because of the fit. I think I'm getting the Olinas

Attached: 63.jpg (680x870, 51.15K)

I just got some Spinfits and it seems like I have less bass and an overall more tinny sound. What went wrong?

too small

seal

But I got large and these are bigger than the stock tips I was wearing. What the fuck is going on?