Cheapest GPU that can handle 4K h.265 video at at least 30fps...

Cheapest GPU that can handle 4K h.265 video at at least 30fps? My AMD Radeon HD 7700 can do 1080p h265 just fine but it can't do 4K.

I've read that pic related might be able to do it but it's not clear

Attached: geforcegt1030.jpg (522x471, 43.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bluesky-soft.com/en/DXVAChecker.html
bluesky-soft.com/en/dxvac/deviceInfo/decoder/nvidia.html
bluesky-soft.com/en/dxvac/deviceInfo/decoder/intel.html
bluesky-soft.com/en/dxvac/deviceInfo/decoder/amd.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not a gpu but plays everything I throw at it. got it for $90 on aliexpress.

Attached: KM6.png (1120x1120, 696.34K)

Just use software decoding

what kind of software do you recommend?

i dont know if thats for me. i like to watch movies and shows through files on my computer, usually mkv or mp4. i got a Firestick recently but i havent even used it yet kek

Get a 1050 Ti
1030 is fucking ass

SMPlayer or MPC-HC

Have a gtx 1650 in my htpc that handles 4k h.265 fine, but a friend who plays the same files with a 1050 ti that also works well. hdr stuff stutters on his system, but plays at the correct fps on mine, both have current drivers.

you can share your computer's video files on your local network using dlna or samba and play them on you firestick

1050 ti is shit. get an rx 580

I use MPC-HC. I have the K-Lite codec pack. If I play 4K files encoded with h.264 it works just fine. If I try to play 4K h.265 it stutters bad, to the point it's completely unwatchable. I have also tried mpv and have the same issues. mpv is super lightweight software so it has to be my GPU.

My monitor doesn't support HDR, but still most of the [spoiler]torrents[/spoiler] I want to download have it anyway. I suppose I would have to plan for HDR playback when I inevitably make my purchase anyway

>so it has to be my GPU.
Have you checked CPU utilization? It's likely your CPU.

i have gt1030 and i have no problem w 4k content

RX 580 is shit. Get a RTX 3060.

mpv uses software decoding by default. If you haven't changed that and the video stutters, it's more likely your CPU that's causing the problem.
What CPU do you have and how high is its load while playing the video?

yeah, it's definitely my CPU then...
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 970 Processor, it was at nearly 100% when I tried playing the file in mpv

bluesky-soft.com/en/DXVAChecker.html
bluesky-soft.com/en/dxvac/deviceInfo/decoder/nvidia.html
bluesky-soft.com/en/dxvac/deviceInfo/decoder/intel.html
bluesky-soft.com/en/dxvac/deviceInfo/decoder/amd.html

RTX 3060 is shit. Get a RX 580

Fuck off you yellow chink bug.

How does that even work? Does this mean that the Amazon Firestick has stronger processing power than my desktop PC's CPU? Lol that's fucked

Kill yourself racist retard.

It has specialized decoders in hardware for some formats but the CPU is shit even compared to the one in your PC
It works well as long as you only watch videos in the supported formats

rent free

Go away, insect