Microsoft Edge

I haven't used a Microsoft web browser since the days of Internet Explorer 6. What a nightmarish time that was. However, I recently had to use Microsoft Edge and what the fuck? I honestly like this browser. There are actually some nifty features about it that I wish I could get with Chrome or Firefox without the bloat. When the fuck did Microsoft start giving a fuck about their web browsers? I don't even remember Edge being this feature heavy. It doesn't even feel feature heavy either. What is going on here?

Attached: Microsoft Edge.jpg (1280x720, 111.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fnkCukHRBVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Garbage

Attached: img-2022-02-04-13-50-32.png (746x175, 27.65K)

It's proprietary.
Just use vanilla chromium and stop making yourself think you need some gimmick 'feature'.
Probably gonna not care since your whole OS is proprietary. Cuck.

What does this mean?

edge is worse than ie, gtfo microsoft shill

What is vanilla? Nerd.

The webRequest API allows extensions to control every step of the request, from creation to completion and everything in between. It's very powerful and allows for very good content blockers, developer tool add-ons, etc. Google & MS are replacing it with DNR, instead of allowing extensions to modify requests directly, DNR forces the extension to simply hand its filters to the browser, and it needs to trust the browser to execute them. The actual filter types it supports are very basic and it has extreme limitations

This is bad, not only because it weakens adblockers significantly, but because it creates a single, stable target for ad networks to bypass, effectively killing the "adblocker arms race" that was only possible with a general interface like webRequest.

Attached: img-2022-02-04-13-52-52.png (1045x609, 304.78K)

Samefag virgin detected.

And why should anyone besides kissless sexless nerds care about any of this?

I just use uBlocker and it allows me to bypass ads on YouTube honestly. It works fine!

Seeing this video actually makes me want to switch to Edge.

youtu.be/fnkCukHRBVE

XD XDDD

Attached: Capture.png (567x168, 9.72K)

>And why should anyone besides kissless sexless nerds care about any of this?
Holy shit this has to be a paid shill thread

Kek

It means that a vegan just told you that eating meat is immoral. Ignore.

>What is going on here?
another Chromium clone with their own skin thrown on
really anything these days that can run uBlock Origin and a few other extensions is fine

>And why should anyone besides kissless sexless nerds care about any of this?

I dunno. It all sounds like fag talk to me.

Attached: d.jpg (1200x675, 589.61K)

It's pretty based.
It and Vivaldi are the only chromium based browers with pic related.
I still prefer Vivaldi, but the JS coded interface can be so slow and infuriating sometimes.

Attached: 1621083500530.webm (1360x958, 874.75K)

You need to look at the broader picture:

MS has looked at Google, and seen that, hey, you can steal PI from users and they don't retaliate.
It's not just PI, it's also the view on updates. MS used to have a shitload of hardware, test everything over and over. They stopped doing that, kicked out that department, and copied Googol, test on the end users, first 1%, then 10.

I never liked MS, but at least they cared about their users one time

Edge is pretty comfy in current year. I'm 100% edge at work. Chrome at home. If I ever need to work from my personal computer I can open chrome and have all my bookmarks and passwords ready to go.

I switched from vivaldi to edge recently, it's not that bad
the accessibility bloat is annoying, but at least UI is much more responsive than vivaldi and integrates better with win11 ui

Ungoogled chrome with actual company backing instead of few freetards
i'd say based