Youtube Vanced

Is it good?

Attached: 321312312.png (1024x672, 10.97K)

yeah its alright i guess

Best in class tbqh. It doesn't have downloads and anonymous subscription like Newpipe, but it's basically the official Youtube application with toggles for hiding various elements, adblocking and sponsorblock.
It hasn't gotten updates since October but don't let that discourage you, the Github page is very much active. I think they just don't want to be annoying by offering updates unless necessary since the process isn't automated (third party app).

It does exactly what it says it does. Nothing more, nothing less. For me, that's just fine.

Doesn't block ads on the main page anymore but I still use it since everything else works fine

Pair it with NewPipe and you're good to go

Attached: 1643389078178.webm (902x1078, 2.97M)

no. it's closed source and sends buckets of data to google. there's no reason to use it over newpipe

>instead of installing, i'll ask the weebs

There's an update on discord.gg/vanced

Linus said I will be contributing to piracy through adblock and sponserblock, and people say if you use adblock against a person you watch, you hate them and should shoot them in the head; which for the above reasons why I don't support not using this app.

>there's no reason to use it over newpipe
It has a better interface and allows me to use a google account for yt. You may not like this freedom but it doesn't matter if you like it or not I'm using it.
>Linus said
Linus is an immature retard and no just because he has children he didn't stop to be a massive manchild faggot.

Gonna get taken down soon, don't bother.

Been hearing that since 2017

>It has a better interface
subjective
>allows me to use a google account for yt
>google account
bruh

>he actually didn't read beyond 'linus said'
The guy made a joke user.

Why do you wanna use a google account though?

well I use it don't have any issues

it just werks being, great for listening to podcasts on yt too

i still can't believe he unironically said that while being a millinaire lmfao
i'm european so i can't even buy the garbage he is shilling but of course he's too busy being retarded

Attached: 7wsnmX2.png (657x527, 50.79K)

piracy is based, fuck moralfags

no. it's based on official yt app, which is borderline unusable due to bad design, and requires extra bullshit to be installed in order to properly work. newpipe is where it's at, for better or worse

Was janky for me, but maybe I missed some setup

Holy shit, OP here, I used Vanced until now. It's not open source, so that's a problem. But I just tried Newpipe, and the group different subscriptions feature is just what I needed. Best of all it's open source and nothing is tied to to my identity through my phone number that's to gmail. If I can live without the algorithm's recommendations, I am making the switch.

it justwerks
werks for me. settings > vanced settings > ad settings > make sure "Home ads (Experimental)" is set to On (icon will be blue and slid to the right)
the wording of it is ambiguous, you might've turned it off thinking it meant the other way around

Wait, the damn thing isn't even workingm It can't parse youtube for some reason. Being able to filter videos by most popular, recent and oldest would've been great, but you can't have everything I guess.

just beware that newpipe breaks down every now and then because google make changes to yt's backend, causing tech-illiterate zoomers to flood Any Forums with posts complaining about how fucking bad newpipe is.
>PROTIP! make sure "check for updates" is enabled
>the f-droid version is upgraded slower than github.