We need more gatekeeping

linux wide adoption is bad for linux
before they didnt care about us, now that we are growing, they will try to supress us. WSL was the first attempt. when they realised it didnt work, they escalated, now we got Microsoft Pluton. this one is pretty bad, so i cant even imagine how much worse it will get with bigger adoption

Attached: 1545862061229s.jpg (105x125, 2.24K)

This is not a problem as long as we keep the focus on on the importance of free software. Oh wait nvm the open sars reddit movement ruined it all

pluton kills free software, doesnt matter if you are running free software if you are running non-free ,obfuscated, backdoored-by-design hardware

Will this Microsoft Pluton thing prevent you from running Linux?

no, why it's so fucking subverssive, you can still run linux, but it wont matter

does it phone home directly?

It's already widely adopted: it's called Android.
Admittedly, it's only widely adopted because Google dumped immense effort into hiding the fact that it's Linux.

Sorta like every Intel processor since 2008?

>backdoored-by-design hardware
>source: trust me bro, I know what I'm talking about
I won't say it is impossible to have shit like that, but can you provide any non schizo proofs of your words?

so, you're saying that it's bad for Linux to be adopted/used by all?

I don't entirely think this is terrible (yes it would be bad for it to be commercial famous)

Attached: 300px-Windowequationsteps.png (300x300, 26.26K)

If you're worried about Pluton, the only solution is to go offline.

Attached: 1643421144297.jpg (1363x1080, 390.08K)

based redditjak
why aren't you throwing away your computer right now and moving into the woods?

Attached: 1623403479620.jpg (250x166, 7.32K)

Promoting free hardware should be the number one priority right now. With non permissive licenses. Components that can be improved and fabricated by anyone. It could even be commercially viable for small producers. It's the only way to be free from the tyranny of corporations.

Attached: 1642336982736.jpg (991x592, 296.24K)

Because I don't care about privacy. I'm above all of you weaklings worrying about it.
Sent from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Home

To be fair, while half of Any Forums fantasises that they're important enough for .gov agencies to chase them, the other half have hundreds of gigabytes of pirated software and media, so live in mortal fear of the RIAA (or local equivalent) kicking in their door.

they don't care about leechers, they usually clamp down on illegal streaming/torrenting sites.

chip-to-cloud security
future is grim, pluton is already rolling out. i might become a technological hermit if my current laptops breaks down...

>chip-to-cloud security
I want to kill myself

Attached: 1638043814198.jpg (640x480, 122.28K)

Fuck pluton we need to make noise on Twitter and other social medie the normies use so manufacturers back down from that shit

Yeah, because your autistic screeching at TPMs, IME, PSP, PSN, SMM, etc. etc. has been sooooo effective.

Fair enough still fuck pluton what can we do then?