Live booting Mint right now, don't know how convinced I am to make the switch to Linux. It passed my browser test...

Live booting Mint right now, don't know how convinced I am to make the switch to Linux. It passed my browser test, there's some annoying shit when I turn caplocks tho lol. Overall doesn't seem that much different than windows. I would even say it's a bit worse than Windows, might be because I'm live booting it

Attached: 1625917800_Linux-Mint-202-has-been-released-and-is-now-available.jpg (900x597, 28.28K)

I actually returned from a live boot Mint session myself, creepy timing.
I'd say it's something to run on an older computer, if you've got anything made in the recent 7 years, you have better options in terms of user interface and usability.
Mint is basically Windows 7 but with support.

Linux sucks but its a sacrifice. Have you tried live booting KDE Neon?

we are full, go back to windows

Neon has shit package availability and retroactively adding Ubuntu/Kubuntu repos to it or using PPA isn't the best idea.

Mint is unironically the best distro for casuals or someone who just wants something to work good out of the box.

The number 1 reason you would make such a switch now would be due to windows total lack of respect for the user and privacy, If you feel you can live with it you should.

I use this atm while I wait for LMDE5 to drop, honestly its worth a look into OP if you want a completely different experience to windows. Elementary is the other desktop enviroment that pops into my head when it comes to different to gnome or cinnamon

Mint is bullshit
Install Monjaro Linux KDE, Garuda Linux KDE(Arch based distro)

Your mileage may vary, but going from Mint+Cinnamon to Manjaro KDE on my machine resulted in a bunch of weird ass/buggy behavior.

I've since used KDE on other distros like Endeavour and Kubuntu and it wasn't nearly as bad as how Manjaro behaved.

There is no "one distro suits all" solution, but I think Mint has cemented itself as the most stable experience.

>Windows total lack of respect for the user and privacy

This is unfortunately why I try to avoid Canonical distros/Ubuntu. Their behavior years ago with the Amazon store app pre installed on their distro was distasteful to say the least, and then feeding your OS search results, anonymized or not, through Amazon servers is just laughably shitty.

Now they're trying to force Snapd usage on their OS. Yes you can uninstall it, but they're literally pulling the same bullshit Microsoft did with Edge, where they try to trick you into using it. "sudo apt install chromium" from the terminal will install the snap version of Chromium, with snapd as a dependency.

Side note it's been a very long time since I've tried using LMDE, if they release LMDE5 I may check it out. I know Mint has been trying to distance themselves from Ubuntu as a base and rely more on Debian, and I think that's a VERY good decision for them to go with.

>if you've got anything made in the recent 7 years, you have better options in terms of user interface and usability.
Linux Mint has not only Cinamon, but also mate and KDE user interface as default.
Use mate with Mutiny settings, it's basically Ubuntu.

>Mate and KDE interface as default

Not sure if typo, Mint scrapped their KDE spin a few years ago. I'm guessing you may have meant to say Mate and XFCE, which they still have.

Unfortunate desu because I'd fucking love an official Mint KDE spin.

Ah yes sorry. Mate and XFCE.

been using mint since november 2021. literally the best just werks distro. I hope you enjoy it fren. :)

I have been using Mint cinnamon since the funny virus started, 2020, I never had issues since then, so I hope is good for you to.

>mint
retard

>mint
smart

Retard
Smart

Smart
Retard
Retard

Retard
Smart
Smart
Retard

>its a bit worse than windows
please fuck off forever

Attached: 1643987804716.jpg (720x660, 121.6K)

neon is literally Ubuntu 20.04 + latest KDE.

What the hell are you talking about "package availability"? It has every Ubuntu package, even i386 ones like Steam.

smart