Desktop Environments

What is objectively the best DE for GNU/Linux?

strawpoll.com/euuev4e9d

Attached: gnome-vs-kde.jpg (1680x945, 185.51K)

KDE

the one im currently using

For what reason? Never used KDE 2bh

I'm guessing someone might mention image previews in the file picker though

it's over for gn0mecels

GNOME's file picker issue is 17 years old. When Windows 98 was released with thumbnails in the file picker, Windows was 13 years old (Windows 1.0 was released in 1985)

In other words, Microsoft engineers added a file picker with thumbnails in 13 years, ~25 years ago, while GNOME trannies have made 0 (ZERO) progress in the last 17 (23) years.

GNOME was released in 1999, before some of you were even born, and Windows had thumbnails in the file picker a whole year earlier.

Attached: win98filepicker.png (440x495, 124.26K)

KDE and XFCE

Attached: photo_2021-11-25_02-05-07.png (763x674, 6.49K)

For me it's Cinnamon

KDE krashes every 10 seconds why do people like it? its so unstable.

Can ReactOS gain some traction, would be nice to have a legit windows alternative

>has file picker thumbnails
>no autism
>stable
You can only pick two

trinity

i'm using kde for over a year now and it hasn't crashed once

Everything in KDE has too many options. I prefer GNOME.

>has file picker thumbnails
>stable

So, KDE.

>forgot Lumina
dropped

I fucking hate how most Linux taskbars have different sized icons. It looks disgusting.

I world actually argue that KDE has very little autism.

as a Wingerian

none, they all suck

KDE seems to be the favourite so far

Attached: des.png (2100x1188, 241.98K)

In my experience Budgie has felt the most like it wasn't designed by toddlers with no UX experience. Even then I feel like there's room for more though. What a pain in the ass.

Attached: image1.jpg (1408x792, 55.59K)

KDE is the winner and its not even close. No other DE has even a fraction the amount of customization that KDE has. In fact, a lot of the ones on that list are just forks of KDE in the first place. You can make KDE look identical to gnome with a just a bit of tweaking, but gnome will always look fucking retarded no matter how much time you put into it.

>Budgie has felt the most like it wasn't designed by toddlers with no UX experience
I had the same feeling when I gave it a try. Good DE but how do you get the clipboard history working the same way it works on windows? I couldn't figure that out.