After learning Common Lisp, I can't use non-Lisp languages anymore...

After learning Common Lisp, I can't use non-Lisp languages anymore. I've recently started using Clojure and I absolutely love it, but I just can't stand reading or using any languages with C-like syntax. I mean, just look at Rust. What the hell. I'm sure I would've disagreed before I fell down this rabbithole. I don't wish to be a NEET, however, hence trying to make large projects in Clojure. Please do not take the Lisp pill. Even Clojure makes me miss Common Lisp's condition system and CLOS.

Attached: 7FE28CFE-0CD4-42C1-89E8-7003F566C30A.png (2048x1536, 3.7M)

Ahem

Attached: 1632988104740.png (874x939, 153.19K)

shell scripts are slow. in other news, water is wet

I already btfoed you, why do you keep coming back?

Attached: sneed.png (994x1331, 280.86K)

>I don't wish to be a NEET
Why? What makes you desire a life time of work for no benefit? Why would you want to give your labor away to people that will just exploit you?

That hole in your heart needs to be filled with children and family user.

meant for

Parentheses are unnecessary, take the Forth pill.

The cool kids are using deps.edn and tools.build now.

At least everyone here can agree that copyleft languages/compilers are the way forward.

You will never be a real programming language. You have no self hosting compiler, you have no standard, you have no specification. You are a homosexual toy language twisted by object orientation and Java exceptions into a crude mockery of Lisp's perfection.

>Average clojure hater
(You) have to go back

I find Clojure revolting.

It is the most explicit to date abandonment of the age-old Lispers' Dream, "Lisp All The Way Down." Clojure is the antithesis of the Lisp Machine. Instead of a crystalline pyramid of comprehensible mutually-interlocking concepts, behind every Clojure primitive there lurks Black Magic. The Clojure user who is missing some routine or other will run crying to Java for help, rather than implementing the feature himself correctly - that is, as a natural part of the entire language, built on the same concepts. Clojure pisses on everything I've ever loved about Lisp.

Clojure is the False Lisp, which Reeketh of the Cube Farm. A Lisp unworthy of the name; one which encourages users to pepper their code with calls to opaque routines having no underlying Lispiness. A Lisp which barfs Java stack traces. It promotes - no, mandates - the use of undigestable foreign matter in Lisp code: primitives on which you cannot pop the hood to reveal intelligible innards.

The cult of Good Enough which seems to pervade all of modern computing has finally chewed its way through to the Lisp community, with Clojure as the result. I am tired of this abomination being hailed as the future of Lisp. Aficionados of real Lisps, such as myself, will keep hoping, dreaming, and working on systems which do not betray the original virtues of the language.

Does Common Lisp have a compiler working for the Common Language Runtime?

>>Average clojure hater
>(You) have to go back
>

Attached: lispjak.jpg (2743x1909, 230.06K)

I'm guessing that's a no.

Attached: steve_ballmre.jpg (3900x2200, 3.12M)

yes

Where?

No where

I've used Common Lisp for a while and I like it but I also like C++. You must embrace all paths. Learn Lisp, learn Smalltalk, learn C++, learn Forth, learn Erlang, learn Haskell, learn OCaml, learn C, learn ASM, learn everything.

Why would you need that when (sb-ext:save-lisp-and-die ) exists?

>That is a man
Horrors beyond my comprehensions