What is this? 1984?

What is this? 1984?

Attached: 1643942361772.png (1198x1346, 665.02K)

It's to """""""""fight spam"""""""""""

Yes. Don't use Twitter.

1984 is a kernel.

>youtube removing dislikes is..... LE BAD!
>twitter adding dislikes is...... LE BAD!

Attached: 1643114178230.webm (696x522, 1.72M)

youtube dislikes do not affect a video though.

Reddit and twitter downvotes punish you for getting downvotes.

For a second I thought it was a downvote for a downvote you didn't like.

Twittereddit

except all twitter did is "add" dislikes in the way youtube has dislikes AFTER removing them. both ...LE BAD

>public dislikes are... LE BAD!
>WHY?!?! uh..... because they piss me off!
>trust the megacorp CHUD!

Yeah it's le bad because the youtube system was public, the twitter system is private. A public system lets the users have somewhat of a say in things. A private system lets the mods quickly find controversial content and selectively delete posts that go against their agenda while leaving the posts that they support and the users are none the wiser.

Social-media companies *want* their platforms for be mindless echo chambers. That's the goal. They're frantically trying to reverse course in recent years because they realized that in chasing growth at all costs they let their platforms get far freer than they were ever intended to be.

The whole goal here is to make the platform a safe space for the company's customers; that is, advertisers. They want advertisers to come and spend, and advertisers like if nothing controversial or negative is around. "brand safe" is the term. They only want happy people who are in a good mood and are receptive to the little mind games that are stock in trade to advertising. The advertisers have been grumbling about how they aren't being delivered happy little goyim like they were promised, and so the platforms are trying to clamp down as quickly as they think they can without driving them away.

>>YouTube removes downvotes
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE muh freeze peach
>>Twitter adds downvotes
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE muh freeze peach
Make up your mind. Do you want downvotes or no?

>downvotes Biden
Twatter: "No, not like that."

Speaking of, why do rightoids think they're owning the libs so bad with "let's go Brandon"? Many on the left agree with the sentiment and only voted for him because he isn't Trump.

>crying about a pozzed social media website that hasnt been good in years (if ever)

They are identical in function, and opposite in execution. Both prevent the public from seeing the dislikes, leaving the company alone to "claim" something must be removed because trust us bro.

>Many on the left agree with the sentiment and only voted for him because he isn't Trump.
Identity politics will one day be considered it's own unique form of mental illness. Seek professional help, you're not well.

Shut the fuck up, nigger.

When did I mention identity politics bullshit? I voted for Biden but not because I like him. I voted Biden because he was the only real chance of getting Trump out. Some stuff he's doing I'm happy with, other stuff he does is dead stupid. In American politics it's fairly common to cast a vote for someone you're not excited to have, just because you hate the other guy more.

Here we see the reaction of a typical Any Forumscel upon discovering that his deeply held beliefs may be incorrect.

>le 1984 le 1984
just fucking read any other book you fucking retards oh my god