Stocks software

What do you use to follow and model stocks data? Is there any foss software? What would be good paid options? For those who use python or other programming languages, where do you get the raw data from?

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com1.jpg (3200x1680, 322.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quantmod.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why would you want to follow stocks
just buy and hold

Your broker's dashboard will have a better interface and data than anything you'll put together on your own.

/dev/urandom

You don't have like a set value where you plan on selling? I was thinking of modeling data to predict that on a short term, but I am pretty new. I also read someone giving the exact same advise as you - hold

/thread

why would you sell
just buy and hold, forget that you even own stocks

I am having to do through a bank, the user interface is utter shit. I've been following in google finance so far

I write scripts in R you can find a lot of good scripts on GitHub for forecasting. Pythons also pretty good but if you use quandl you’ll have to pay for api calls. Quantmod is free from what I recall.

Is this for building a trading bot, all I got was info on random number generators and entropy

That's what I have been reading, given that I am not interested in daytrading

Where are you downloading your raw data from?

if youre in the us you want to avoid selling stocks anyway because of capital gains tax

If you use python you’ll probably use quandl which is semi free or there’s a way to get it from yahoo finance with pandas data reader but if you use R you’ll quantmod to get your data.

>quantmod.com/
looks pretty promising

15% around here

>Stocks software
ummmm MT4?? I don't know what I'm doing

yeah we dont have capital gains tax here

I'm writing my own. In Rust. With data in a database. It's a pleasure to work with. Imho almost all charting software delivers very basic charts and focuses on other stuff. Sorry, charts are important.

Do you use some api for pull stock data? you have any exp on this ?

you still have broker fees

Just never sell. I'm riding VT until the end.

Rithmic for data and execution. They have a Web Sockets API, which is very nice. I only care about Futures right now.

For stocks, Interactive Brokers can be used, but they are not good with data.