Throughout my 4-year Computer Science course, we didn't have to learn anything to do with Linux...

Throughout my 4-year Computer Science course, we didn't have to learn anything to do with Linux. We didn't do any dual-booting or even booting Linux up on a VM. Did I get meme'd by Any Forums?

Attached: 1626393106978.png (1089x486, 1.03M)

electives, retard.

>Computer Science
yes, you got meme'd.

most probably memed by your university. can you say the name, or at least location and price range?

>he didn't go to an accredited uni
have fun wiping your ass with your degrer

Interesting. My school had a pair of courses that focused on systems programming with c (one course) and c++ (the other) on linux. The intent was also to learn vim but I avoided that at the time.

You got a shitty CS course.

not really. They propably didnt want to force people to reinstall and possibly break their windows installs. And since all of their curriculum can be tought on windows they decided to let people use windows. Linux for desktop is still a bit of a meme.

My uni assumed you were using *nix from day one. They teach you the useful stuff, not how to install Ubuntu. You should have already done that on your own.

>We didn't do any dual-booting or even booting Linux up on a VM
If you need a university course for this you're ngmi.

I've never seen so many drones in one place.

everyone in this pic is now at least 28

Yes you did, Linux is a server side thing, you're not supposed to "daily run it"
as a nigerian

FREETARDS BTFO'D

Attached: 1619454921033.jpg (374x334, 16.06K)

linux isn't necessary to program, it's just useful for the command line, which macOS has. windows has its own cmd/powershell shit that i've never used but i'm sure can be used for the same purpose

if you didn't even get exposure to using the command line though then you absolutely wasted 4 years in a shit CS program and i hope you didn't go into debt for it

The reality is Linux is useful in a handful of cases for anything you're going to get paid for. Bash on the other hand...

The reason for this is that MacOS is actually really good for dev, stability, nice-to-haves, compliance, and setup.

At my school we used linux in the assembly class but otherwise the professors let you use whatever you wanted ant if something didn't work it was your job to fix it.

no systems programming (linux + bash commands and some os stuff like file descriptors and processes) nor any OS stuff, both which use linux? I am 3rd year and had 2 classes with those. u are getting ripped off.

t. uni of toronto chad

>uni of toronto
cringe

imagine falling for the loonix meme

>The intent was also to learn vim
A fate worse than death.