Why do people hate it?

why do people hate it?

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.png (346x330, 3.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /I_did_it_for_you_all
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because its shit and theres no alternative

shit language for trannies, Rust is for white men

explain
is it not the other way around?

>explain
Try to build a non-trivial multi-platform project in it and you’ll understand

>try to build something challenging
>it's challenging
>you will understand
kek

The point is you’ll understand why C++ is shit fast :^) . STL being shitty is something that youll notice with years of use. (std implementations of string, string_view, unordered_map, optional, regex, size_t , etc are all footguns)

>"Hard" = shit
Many such cases

Because they got filtered

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you." John 15:18

>explain
Here is your explanation by Bjarne Stroustrup himself harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /I_did_it_for_you_all

Because they cannot understand it.

Because it isn't . It is actually too based for them

C++ or C are by far the best options to write a multiplatform project. Java and C# suck because their VMs have spotty support and Rust is supported nowhere.

F
A
K
E

> C++ or C are by far the best options to write a multiplatform project
Lol. I should’ve specified i meant non-embedded

What I hate about C++ is it's a language that basically requires you to have a web browser open for looking up info about it. It is not clear at all how 80% of the stuff you write for it works. And the "right" way to do things with it changes every few years. My programming got at least three times as fast when I started writing in C instead, it was not clear to me until then just how obtuse C++ is. The right way to do anything in C today is the same way as it was in 1979.

multiplatform project that has to be compiled on each machine separately. is that what it's supposed to be like?

>The right way to do anything in C today is the same way as it was in 1979.
Ask me how I know you weren't alive in 1979

The only reasonable alternative to C or C++ for crossplatform is Java. And JVM support sucks on some distros, Mac, and odd architectures. C# is mangled and intentionally broken and platforms like Mono don't do nearly as good of a job as Microsoft's VM. Beyond these options you have some decent scripting languages like Python. But they aren't practical for every project and have crossplatform problems too.

That's the easiest way to handle many different platforms. They will all behave differently on different platforms. Java UI has different fonts on different platforms for example. Right away that disqualifies Java for projects that require pixel perfect ports like health care and aviation. You can be a faggot if you want and use Rust, but Rust still needs a compiler.

If you want to streamline you crossfplatform project then use a VM

I hate that I can't use the whole c++20 standard yet. Why do I have to wait?

>because it's not memory safe
>literally committing genocide against indigenous peoples not using Rust

>literally committing genocide against indigenous peoples not using Rust
all the more reason to keep using it

Attached: Wipe_Tears_With_Cash.gif (400x208, 1.98M)

>why do people hate it?
Try reading other people's code in it so that you can figure out how to do a small change.

No standard compiler
No standard build system
No standard dependency management you get what you paid for

I dont know why, but I could have worn the code written decades ago was far more readable than the shit today with overuse of ::

Any language has bad coders