Should I get a good 2.1 speaker or an ok 5.1 speaker for just listening to music and playing gaymes, youtube etc...

should I get a good 2.1 speaker or an ok 5.1 speaker for just listening to music and playing gaymes, youtube etc, my old one died today : (, I have about $300 aud that i can spend, helpp

Attached: 0035433_0.jpg (800x600, 46.57K)

gumtree decent surround amp and speakers, grab two speakers for now if the budget can't handle it. double check your PC can output digital audio or your amp can take HDMI input. don't buy logishit please user

>decent surround amp and speakers
what is "decent"?

mate you could grab something from dick smith electronics circa 1995 and still be better off than anything logishit

Just get a decent pair of headphones.

An ok 2.1 speaker unless if you have dog ears.
From what I know 5.1 is only a good choice if you do a really good planning on where to put the speakers in your room, and when I tried figuring out what that entails I realized that I don't care about sound that much.

If you have the space just get a pair of stereo speakers. 5.1 is great for living room when you set it up for literally years. 5.1 on a desktop pc is kinda strange

Edifier R12U is breddy gud if you aren't audiotistic.

I find it retarded people still buy these pc speaker systems that suck balls, or soundbar systems for tvs
Regular 5" bookshelfs rape both in quality, and you can add subwoofer thats actually good later.

all the stand alone subwoofers ive seen are like $600+ I cant afford that

ayy forgot pic like a mong

Attached: download.jpg (700x700, 43.68K)

Theres plenty

Love threads like these where none of the answers help OP haha

Get the Edifier S2000 Pro.

It's a fantastic set of powered speakers that's going to BTFO any crappy gaming 2.1 setup.

They are FANTASTIC.

Attached: 468d7c14e719d30ea9f11bba775358e2.jpg (701x423, 50.56K)

These look good user.

Do you need any extra controllers or cards or anything or they just plug and play?

I'm looking at the Klipsch R-15PM. I don't know jack about speakers. Do these need some sort of connection box to go to the computer? Or do they just plug into the computer?

I have similar ones from Edifier, but I also bought a big subwoofer with it. Bretty good

If its sold as a pair usually theres the power cables you need for both + 3.5mm cable from pc to 1 of the speakers and a cable from that speaker to the 2nd one.
That one has bt so you could use that alone too. And if you want sub you can connect it to the speaker.

If you buy 2 solo speakers you need a 3.5 -> 2 rca split cable

oh are these monitoring speakers? I actually might get these then because I do music production, I just usually use headphones for that

They have their own amp so you just plug in, select the input source and go.

Yeah they are desktop monitors with nice balanced sound

I have a pair of edifier speakers that I recently got that I absolutely love. It's 2.1 with an option to add an external sub.
But the music is on point. Explosions, sounds. Even when I set it to play rain when I'm trying to sleep it sounds amazing. The only issue I have is it's got this wooden look to it that I'm not a fan of and they're fucking massive. Bigger than kantos.

Attached: Edifier-R1700BT.jpg (1500x1081, 357.99K)

When it's sound the bigger is the better.

Yeah but he posted some desk speakers so I thought his preferences were you know. Small computer speakers.

They aren't exactly small, but they go on the desk alright

Attached: IMG_20200812_173332_1.jpg (4032x3024, 892.97K)