show your ideas, anons!

Attached: DE.png (1024x768, 88.82K)

Attached: png.png (320x269, 110.98K)

just make it exactly like cinnamon

post how you like your cinnamon please user

>Any Forums
>using a DE
DEs are bloat, use a (tiling) window manager

Attached: macos-big-sur.jpg (1904x1248, 373.85K)

Attached: mydesktop.jpg (2304x1534, 774.32K)

>Mussolini's hosting Adolf
c-cute!

bet amber loves taking simon for a "ride" ;)

creating a DE (not to mention a window manager) is way above the head of >99.9% of Any Forums (me included)
window managers are deceptively complicated

Nice Škoda.

thats probably why op said design, not code

Pretty much this i might change the accent color if i feel crazy.

For me its the "just works" aspect of it. KDE for example messed up the placement of the widget-shit i placed after each reboot.

Attached: cinnamon.png (1920x1200, 772.41K)

just works (for me) (I mostly work in applications)

Attached: desktop_bunny.png (1920x1080, 651.34K)

just read the OP pic kek

More of a gnome extension, than a DE but I'm too much of a brainlet to make this.
I want a workspace wheel that will open on some keybind, your mouse will auto-center and then you move it onto the wheel and click.
I would also have w/e keybind + modifier key, to not go to the workspace but rather let me have full mouse control so I can move programs between workspaces.
This way it is easy to rearrange programs between workspaces quickly. I also want child windows spawned by processes to open on the same workspace as the parent workspace.
Although maybe it should have app window previews, so you can tell which window it is incase you have multiple instances when running.
There should be another key. Maybe super? That would bring up this wheel but for applications. Or you can type for applications.
If I could have this wheel in addition to dash to panel extension on gnome (I hate the top bar it is such a waste of space). Since I like the scroll on the panel to switch workspaces feature. I think I would have my perfect DE.

As you can tell I really like the csgo buywheel and think its the best gui element ever made.

Attached: workspacewheel.png (1920x1080, 2.14M)

How tf do you play cs on linux (I can't stand the imput lag, font and audio latency)?

Attached: dwm.png (1280x801, 188.73K)

>input lag
disable compositor
>font
looks same as on windows to me, maybe you're missing installed fonts
>audio lag
you probably configured something wrong

Okay serious post

I want a DE that looks like my current rice.

Attached: screenshot.png (1440x1080, 1.78M)

get proper gpu drivers and pipewire

>imput lag
User error, disable compositor
>audio latency
Stop using Pulseaudio.
Audio latency in Linux with using proper backends like Alsa can be as low as couple milliseconds for native applications, and with a optimized wine build 10ms for games running in wine.
In Windows typical audio latency is 40-70ms.

t. linux rythm gamer, can't stand using windows anymore

>DE

Attached: 1619132843142.jpg (640x480, 67.38K)

>DEez nuts

i like bottom panel user. looks pretty