For someone who really enjoys using Rust and is somewhat proficient:

for someone who really enjoys using Rust and is somewhat proficient:

Rust devs keep screeching about how terrible blockchains are for the environment or some shit, but is it actually a bad field to work in? it's Rust experience and I heard it pays well.

is crypto especially boring to do? is there a lack of job security there? is the whole field just a bubble that is gonna burst any minute now?

Attached: tranny crab.png (289x174, 4.53K)

daily reminder that rust cope threads are posted by FAAGMAN trannies that can't code

Attached: 1618315417190.png (1717x832, 1.63M)

Crypto is an imploding fad unless every country rolls their own coins.
I can assure you that some of these people can program circles around you.

>I can assure you that some of these people can program circles around you.
oh sure they can! that explains why this board is constantly full of unemployed failures that can't find jobs, and cry daily about looking for work: because they can code? amazing. what other levels of pure cope would you like to share? unless they can code in pure assembly like i can, for many different CPU architectures dating back 40 years, i doubt they're any competition here for me. I would literally make these trannies want to kill themselves due to being such amateurs.

Haha. I hope you have a great day.

It'll be alright one day, user. Be patient and be open minded.

holy cope. You've already failed at life if you take anything on this board seriously.

> they can't code
embarrassing. the extreme jealousy of people with skills makes the Any Forums trannies and resident sex offenders seethe this fucking hard.

Attached: 1640232918476.png (1362x895, 1.65M)

>Rust devs keep screeching about how terrible blockchains are for the environment or some shit, but is it actually a bad field to work in?
I use Rust daily and never heard anything about that.
Anyone who claims that blockchains, and not PoW are bad for environment is a retard who has no idea what he is talking about.

>it's Rust experience and I heard it pays well.
Rust doesn't have many job offers but they generally pay well.

>is crypto especially boring to do? is there a lack of job security there? is the whole field just a bubble that is gonna burst any minute now?
What are you even talking about? Crypto is very interesting. However it's quite challenging because it changes quickly and the ecosystem/tools are not very mature. Crypto surely will be a big thing for years to come. There is more job security there than in current flavor of the month webdev framework.

Jump on front of a train like your senpai terry you fucking schizo.

Uhuh, and what did you create with your programming skills so far, user?

>never heard anything about that
ever been to any Rust discussion forum? r/rust, rust-lang, Discord - whenever somebody even mentions blockchains, users just fall all over themselves virtue signalling about how CRYPTO BAD and it's useless and you're killing the planet.

thanks for the other info, though.

>ever been to any Rust discussion forum?
Only their IRC and despite what Any Forums claims, it was pretty based place. No pronouns or CoC bullshit, people being chill and some making edgy jokes with no repercussions. It was few years ago though.

>programmers on corporate boards
how retarded are you?

> how terrible blockchains are for the environment
Bitcoin, and Proof-of-work chains are, since you need to build glorified space heaters in order to brute force SHA256
> is it actually a bad field to work in
Enterprise blockchain is a meme. Companies that are using it fell for memes, especially
> it's Rust experience
Smelling startup smells here, or an enterprise born-dead project that fell for memes. Expect shitty management, and unclear business requirements.
> is there a lack of job security there
The project will be dismantled in a year or two, with no go-live date. Best case, it will be hidden far in the backend.
> is the whole field just a bubble that is gonna burst any minute now?
Enterprise blockchain is born dead. You can't centralize what is decentralized by design.
> is there a lack of job security there
Depends on how loud the rustrannies will be able to screech.
Your endgame is major C++ projects getting refactored into Rust, which means you will need to up your C/C++ game as well.
Worst case is that the alt right/TERF wins, and Rust sinks into obscurity along with LGBTQ. That means you need to branch into C# and become a full-stack dev, Python and become a data analyst, or C++ and squeeze performance out of 10 MLoC enterprise spaghetti. In this case, Rust will become a hobby language.
Either way, you need to keep your C++ sharp.

Almost everything blockchain seems skeevy to me. It's an area where everything runs on hype and money is earned by convincing people to buy in rather than selling them something immediately useful. And whenever I look at some project purporting to do something useful with it I can't figure out what value a blockchain adds over a boring database or asymmetric cryptography.
Maybe the jobs themselves are nice, but the basic mentality creeps me out. That's unrelated to making the world worse or whatever.
I also once talked to a long-time employee of one of the earliest Bitcoin exchanges. He was sober and down-to-earth and didn't hype up the technology at all, but he kept talking about how much contact he had with law enforcement because of all the illegal shit that happened on their platform and how the company was dysfunctional with nobody knowing what everyone else was doing.
Maybe it's worth the high pay. I don't know.

>Worst case is that the alt right/TERF wins, and Rust sinks into obscurity along with LGBTQ.
You sounded almost intelligent until this sentence.

well, I can say that the Rust community is full of genuinely nice people with a relatively high level of technical knowledge. they're also enthusiastic and very much willing to help, more than any other programming community I've been part of.

that said, they're a product of the bay area and all the libtard baggage that comes with it. there are pronouns and there's virtue signalling, but outside of some bad actors it's relatively benign and they don't shove it down your throat. just avoid talking about politics and you'll be fine.

Crypto is very boring and the community is the worst there is

>Rust devs keep screeching about how terrible blockchains are for the environment or some shit, but is it actually a bad field to work in? it's Rust experience and I heard it pays well.
If you work for someone who is able to scam millions out of stupid crypto investors, it could be a decently paying job.
>is the whole field just a bubble that is gonna burst any minute now?
Every cryptocurrency is a bubble, but people just move onto the next one.

The trannies stay away from IRC in general for some reason.

>terrible blockchains are for the environment

if you can make money blowing smoke up someone else's ass, don't worry about the near insignificant energy cost it adds. There are many-a-things everyone does that can be reduced to save the environment.

the reason to avoid blockchain tech is because it's all horse shit faggotry that doesn't solve anything. The places it works are things like TLS Certificate transparency reports which have zero "double spend" and other moronic fake money problems.

thank you jannies for doing your job.