Is >pic related true? I remember having a professor last semester who made us use bsd for our class projects

Is >pic related true? I remember having a professor last semester who made us use bsd for our class projects.

Attached: bsd.png (1151x959, 655.55K)

im not reading that but im gonna say yes

yes, but if you use BSD youre the bull (or gnu, so to speak). youre only the cuck if you code under the licence.

yes

Attached: the man.png (679x839, 495.84K)

The BSD license is about personal satisfaction. Do you know how fulfilling it is for me to know that corporations worth billions of dollars are using my piece of code? Why'd I care if they don't pay me or recognize me publicly? I'm not a narcissist. The personal satisfaction is enough. I'd rather my code be used by Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, etc. FOR FREE than only 1 person use my code and be a millionaire. Caring is sharing.

>I'm not a narcissist.
>I'm a cuck, get it right!

Wouldn't the narcissist prefer the recognition over the money?

My god you're pathetic.

the company will use your code for free and charge YOU for it

>The BSD license is about personal satisfaction. Do you know how fulfilling it is for me to know that corporations worth billions of dollars are using my wife?

based astolfo speaks the truth

Haha I was thinking the same thing.
>I'd rather my wife be used by Terry, Tyrone, John, George, Jose, Peter, etc. FOR FREE than only 1 person use my wife and be a husband. Caring is sharing.

>or recognize me publicly
But they do.

This is the sour grapes of "people" who will NEVER have ANYONE use their code, permissive license or not.

It's true, BSD cucks are working for free for corpos and big gov when they could be legally ensuring that their code would be used to help humanity and advance technology in a more respectable way under the GPL license types
One of the best pastas posted on Any Forums in years desu

Attached: Piece.jpg (411x400, 176.49K)

>This is the sour grapes of "people" who will NEVER have ANYONE else use their wife, open marriage or not.

if someone wants to use my code they can pay me or distribute it for free themselves.
when should you ever let other people charge for YOUR work? never

CC0 or AGPL+NIGGER, no in between

Nobody here writes anything that would even be worth considering to use in the first place, what's all the bitching about

>creative commons
thats literally a cuck licence where you dont even legally get recognition

10/10

gpl is not better
literally only difference between bsd / mit and gnu is you have to use it as a dll so as to not get your precious proprietary software contaminated

Attached: 1620190623391.gif (350x258, 1.55M)

not an intellectual "property" cuck, sorry

Are you retarded? Go read agpl3

>Intelectual Property thread
sneed

if you give up your rights, you are. GPL protects your rights. reserving all rights protects your rights

>muh rights
lol, lmao