I use a Mac

macOS has XNU, IOKit, Quartz, the Coca framework and comes with emacs, xcode, perl, python, ruby, clang, vim, and zsh.

At any moment, I could fire up emacs and start hacking code. macOS is fully POSIX compliant. I have all the power of real Unix at my fingertips plus a functional and aesthetically pleasing GUI. All my high quality graphical applications are consistent and fully integrated into the GUI. Everything works right at of the box without tweaking anything or messing with drivers.

Now explain why I should switch to a knock off of unix, when I can afford the real thing?

Attached: 1643660279503.jpg (734x550, 124.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.apple.com/documentation/macos-release-notes/macos-12_3-release-notes#Python
opensource.apple.com/source/xnu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You shouldn't.
Loonix is a meme.

>comes with python
2.0 lmfao

Heeey, my inigger mod. How is it going, pal? So... Could you, for the love of god, stop breaking the fucking rules you're suppose to enforce? You retarded piece of shit.

Bro just use what you want and be happy stop being a apple shill. That being said if you want someone to tell you reasons to actually switch I can list a few. Linux is way more extendible and custumizable you can do literally whatever you want that being said that means that your just as free to nuke / with rm -rf */ as you are to change init systems does this power cause problems yes but with 99% of distros ie distros ment for desktop Fedora, Ubuntu etc... if you dont fuck with anything that you wouldnt fuck with in Wincuck or Macuck id argue that you are both safer in a cybersense linux is safer than the afformentioned systems anyone who tells you otherwise is coping. Mac is closed source by nature ie apple can do whatever they want with your machine some people dont care however ask yourself this would you be alright with your machine literally being unusable in 5yrs since apple has been know to do this. Linux provides you with usefull skill this fact is played up but in a sense if you actually sit down and learn linux you know read the manuals and whatnot its not that difficult and you learn alot about computers as a whole and you gain a usefull skill might I remind you sir ~95% of all servers on the PLANET run linux dont you reckon it would be usefull knowing how to interface with these machines. my advice to anyone who is geniunly curious mac hardware is ight its slim and "minimal" if your into that then great but ponder this would you be ok with an os that doesnt work with anything that isnt apple an os that at any point could go and say ohh idk something like no torrents and no non cloud services if you just want a desktop just download linux and dont fuck with it if you dont its literally light years ahead of what mac can offer you.

This but unironically.

Care to elaborate?

>comes with python
developer.apple.com/documentation/macos-release-notes/macos-12_3-release-notes#Python

>Mac is closed source by nature ie apple can do whatever they want with your machine
The kernel is open source, retard
opensource.apple.com/source/xnu/

Attached: 1628581695226.jpg (645x729, 81.17K)

>only python 2.7 is python
try again shill

>I’m a niggerfaggot jewish merchant

>Now explain why I should switch to a knock off of unix, when I can afford the real thing?

OP are you implying that Apple invented Unix and that everything is "knock off unix"?

>I’m a faggot who loves big cock up my ass. Now explain why I should like women?

how many cocks have you sucked today op?

It's the only Python that ships with macOS

You're too retarded to use brew? Or are you suggesting that you welcome users on your OS who are too retarded to use a package manager?
how many men have you asked about their oral sex habits today, user?

>macos comes with python!
>not anymore
>too retarded to install it huh?
Literally what? Are you following this thread at all?

>emacs,
>Versions of macOS prior to 10.15 Catalina include a copy of GNU Emacs 22 without GUI support compiled in and thus Emacs is automatically available on all but the most recent versions of macOS via the terminal. On macOS 10.15 Catalina and higher, mg (previously known as microGNUemacs) is still included.

>license of mg: "unlicense" or Public Domain

lmao imagine thinking this is an equivalent of GNU emacs. Apple is AFRAID of putting any GPLv3 software included with macOS, thus you get ancient versions of some or inferior versions of others.

Alternate post:

>Ubuntu has Linux, Polkit, Waylant, the GTK toolkit and comes with can easily install emacs, perl, python, ruby, gcc, vim, zsh, or whatever you want with the built in package manager.

>At any moment, I could fire up emacs and start hacking code. Ubuntu is fully POSIX compliant. I have all the power of real Unix at my fingertips plus a functional and aesthetically pleasing GUI. All my high quality graphical applications are consistent and fully integrated into the GUI. Everything works right at of the box without tweaking anything or messing with drivers.

>Now explain why I should switch to a user-hostile company paying for the unix name, when something better is free?

>Cocoa framework

ayy NSObject

yeah great thread and all but who is the cute whore

ask me how I know you've never used macOS before

posted from GNU Emacs 28 natively compiled for my M1 Macbook Air™

>it's available for me
>totally missing the point that OP was saying it comes out of the box, which it hasn't since 10.15, since Apple is terrified of GPLv3

Wow, gonna tell me you can run Chrome next? "I JUST HAD TO DRAG AND DROP IT!!!"

Attached: applel security jail.png (1000x524, 340.62K)