Is 8GB RAM enough for web browsing and very light (e.g. CSGO, Minecraft) gaming in 2022?

Is 8GB RAM enough for web browsing and very light (e.g. CSGO, Minecraft) gaming in 2022?

Attached: crucial_ct2k16g4tfd824a_32gb_2_x_16gb_1193700.jpg (2500x2500, 689.75K)

Yeah, but paired with a decent cpu (apu in my case) and fast storage.

no don't do it, especially on windows. I skimped and got 8gb because manufactures rape on 16gb right? Well i regreted it after 3 days. i had torrents downloading and only about 10 tabs open and my computer was slow as fuck until i closed one or the other. windows has all kinds of shit running in the background taking up ram. think in 3 years if you really think you'll be ok with 8gb. pay now or you will pay even more later. just do it

yes, do not fall for 16gb meme

hey seriously, 8gb is for poor people and normies. if you have enough tech awareness to even be on Any Forums, then you'll be disappointed with only 8gb

light use yes, gaming no. 16GB for gaming minimum, not even counting videocard memory, that's 6GB minimum.

I'm about to pass on an old rig to a semi poorfag friend, bought it 7y ago. It has 16GB ram, i5 3740. I always buy double of what I think I'll need next 5y

Now upgraded to amd ryzen 3700x, 32G ram, kept the gpu, 1060, cause fuck that shit is too fucking expensive

No it's a big mistake especially on fucking windows

For MacOS is plenty. My M1 Macbook Air has never run out of memory

It's low end, but viable, assuming you have SSD.

Phones have less and they are probably able to do that.

We're bathing ourselves in the enlightenment of your based opinion. But please can you shut up while some people seriously want to know what they need for gaming, not for being an ass.

if you're building new do not go below 16

Depends on how good your SSD is since that will be used as RAM when you run out of physical RAM. You can theoretically run windows on as little as 1GB of RAM and be able to multi-task fairly decently if you use a high end 2-bit MLC NVME SSD. I wouldn't settle for 8GB if you're using a SATA SSD though, RAM performance is pretty mediocre on those.

this
at least 32gb OP
not true
M1 just uses swap which is way worse
i really dont recommend you keeping the 8gb one, or at least start keeping very frequent backups

Also DO NOT cheap out on SSD capacity, it has the biggest effect on its RAM performance especially once it runs out of SLC cache (does not apply to 2-bit MLC SSD).

Attached: SSD_cap_matters.png (1408x570, 54.32K)

you can get 16gb of 3200 g.skills for 67$ why the FUCK would you ever consider buying 8gb

Attached: giant.jpg (604x595, 66.8K)

For light/casual gaming you could do with 4GB, as long as you don't run anything on the background. The games that OP posted can run on literal toasters nowadays.

I had to move to 32gb once I started streaming.

can i watch your streams user?

Yes, as long as you aren't using windows.

More than enough
Dont listen to shills

8gb will work fine but I'd recommend at least 12.
Also just noticed this, pic related. WTF corsair?

Attached: Capture.png (792x147, 15.46K)

Yup, 8gb is the most common computer SKU sold these days. Be aware that "light usage" means that you open up like 8 tabs and close applications you aren't using.

I'd almost always recommend buying 16gb if you are a typical Any Forums user.

Browsing with multiple tabs can use 6GB quite easily. If you're going to have a browser open while playing just go with 16GB.

I run 64gb and sometimes stub my proverbial toe.