Tracking and Locating Airplane Mode Devices

Assuming there is no malware on the device, is an iPod, iPad, laptop, etc. detectable or able to be located if in airplane mode but still on?

With the tablet, laptop, iPod, etc. in airplane mode while on, how would someone (CIA, NSA, pros) be able to detect and locate it while in airplane mode?

Let's say Snowden is walking around with his iPod, tablet, and laptop all on but in airplane mode. Let's say NSA/CIA teams know he's in the city and go around looking for him based on his airplane mode devices. How do they find him exactly based on that? Do his devices also give off unique signatures while in airplane mode, to where they can know it's him? MAC addresses aren't exactly broadcast while the device is in airplane mode.

I've been curious about this for years but I've never found people with enough knowledge to confirm or deny the ability to track or locate a device in airplane mode. Someone weigh in.

Attached: AMODE.jpg (1000x1000, 35.96K)

This assume's the device isn't backdoored
The only way to ensure no tracking is not to carry a phone in the first place

On airplane mode iPhones and Android phones will still ping cell towers. Even when iPhones are turned off they send a very faint ping signal.
>t. knows a spook with a radio signal detector.

Hence why I didn't include a phone in my question; they are way too insecure, backdoored, etc.

See here: However, with that said, I must ask:
Which iPod/iOS and Android versions and up was this introduced at? Do you have sources or only your friend? Does some similar type of backdoor out of airplane mode exist on iPods, iPads, etc.? Could your spook friend detect iPods, iPads, etc. while in airplane mode or only phones?

Well I wouldn't trust an iPod or an iPad for the same reason I wouldn't trust a phone, but if you want the odds on your side, your best bet is to take out the SIM card
With a custom ROM (for android) or a Linux distro on a laptop, and the SIM card taken out, there really is no way they could track you.

Pedo.

Sneedemfeedem.

Bump for interest.

Airplane mode doesn't disable WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, etc. It only disables SIM card related stuff. Your phone will likely still broadcast itself.

No, no. Not phones. iPods, iPads, Laptops, etc.

iOS is literally currynigger spyware

Attached: 1613950009142.jpg (924x668, 89.9K)

>sim card out
>still can make "emergency" calls
NSA could probably use "emergency" data, in any case their backdoor doesn't show up in your data usage.

bumping, lol

doing this like 5 times

bumping again, lol

2/5

another bump, lol

3/5

Attached: wtf animal cracker.jpg (886x581, 204.7K)

and another bump, lol

4/5

Attached: FS-STOP_Basic__55624.1308461267.jpg (1280x1280, 215.51K)

What version of iOS was this first introduced in?

Absolute fucking madlad, too based for this world. I have to go soon and I need this thread alive all night for maximum answers. Good to know top lads like this are looking out for it, especially with such jannies near us.

Attached: 1614217759095.jpg (1000x857, 172.68K)

One of the iOS 15 betas, and officially launched with the release of iOS 15

for your wishes, bumping yet again, lol

5/5-20