Bus Trackers

I'm a guy from Croatia and i'm fucking fed up with not knowing when the next bus arrives, since there's no public app or website that allows me to track the fucking shit. As such i've decided to take matters into my own hands. The idea is simple, plant trackers on buses and then collect all the gps data into a single source, which i will then outsource. Any ideas/suggestions on the matter? Will be very thankful.

Attached: bus-prijevoz.jpg (375x271, 31.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f7acvIbRtM0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unstructured_Supplementary_Service_Data
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bum ti ja pomogo metit trekere ak mi kupiš ćevape

Attached: 1642792604284.gif (380x270, 53.52K)

>on se vozi busom

Your buses don't come at scheduled times?

>I'm a guy from Croatia and i'm fucking fed up with not knowing when the next bus arrives, since there's no public app or website that allows me to track the fucking shit.
You don't have a number for each station that you can call and it shows how many stations away is which bus? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so this is how advanced Cr*atia is...

Attached: Linija_308_GSP_Beograd.jpg (1600x1200, 647.91K)

gps and lorawan modules attached to some raspi zero or microcontroller as with 2G/4G sims for each tracker it would probably get expensive.
powering it in the long term will probably be the hardest part presuming those buses don't have usb outlets for passengers, and the lora antenna positioning after that. if you get enough buses tracked you might be able to do a mesh network?

though this is a dumb as shit idea and probably criminal but you do you OP

>Hungary's BKK Futár is space technology to croats
kek

>Any ideas/suggestions on the matter?
caмoyбиcтвo

How can a call show anything? A call is audio.

So is Serbia's BusPlus it seems, which has been around since 2011.
youtube.com/watch?v=f7acvIbRtM0

Attached: BusPlus_System_of_the_GSP_transportation_system_in_Belgrade.jpg (1024x1365, 158.53K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unstructured_Supplementary_Service_Data
It's this. I think these are *011#1234 with the last 4 digits being the number for the station. The number is on the sign on the left in the pic in

nope, sadly, they only have an in-house system that uses cellular, nothing available to the public

Buses can never be perfect in following a schedule because of traffic.

Jesus fucking Christ, of course leave it to the balkans to be stuck in the 90s technologically.
Don't you have an app for bus times? Like trafi?

well it ain't really too criminal, what am i gonna do, blow up the fucking buses?

nope. the whole fucking civilized world does, apparently

Option A: break the law and get fucked
Option B: buy a car

how are you gonna plant the trackers on the bus?

>of course leave it to the balkans to be stuck in the 90s technologically.
This is nothing, I heard Bulgaria still uses hole punch ticket machines in Sofia.
>Don't you have an app for bus times?
Not that I know of.
Znači ima sistem ali neće da naprave aplikaciju? Kakvi govnari, mamicu im jebem...

I have a couple ideas on that. Either i'll stick it somewhere inside, so they don't find it (but i can find it and replace the battery later on) or stick it on on the underside of the bus using doublesided tape and maybe superglue. sounds kinda retarded and not well-planned, but i really wanna do this

I didn't mind the hole punch tickets in my city. At least you had a choice of using something different than a card that you have to buy or an e ticket on your phone. They should have kept them

You're better doing it legally. Design some trackers, make the software, approach the bus lines with a business plan and you'll most likely get a contract

they do but they're late all the time, i want precise info

Your naivety is cute

they could easily make an app if they wanted to, since they already track the fucking bus locations 24/7 by cellular. But they keep the data and their api's private, because they're fucking cucks, so citizens like me have to take matters into their own hands. I probably won't get jailed for this, will I? It's not like i'm planting bombs on buses I fucking ride daily