Just a guy who needs a plan

I have a degree in criminal justice, how do it somehow shift this into a job in the tech world? I basically learned nothing of value so I would be open to any types of certificates for education wise. anything that you have taken or know of is helpful. I have some money saved up and quit my WFH job recently.

Attached: 475C3D3D-4B08-47E0-831C-579F2358BB85.jpg (750x702, 137.96K)

we're full, and if you're asking for advice on 4chinz you're NGMI.

ask that schizolaywer that made the city simulator thing

just brainstorming for ideas

major doesn't matter, certs don't replace work experience but they can help show self-study initiative and getting interviews. biggest advantage of being a student is internships / co-ops, but as a graduate you're going to have to start at the bottom.
practice learning tech shit and start at help desk or some other position, typically pays around 15-20/hr, is kinda shit but any experience is better than none at all.
cybersecurity could also be an option, but it's not entry level. I think with a criminal justice degree you could go into more policy / compliance subset of cybersecurity which is less technical.

bsd and checked ty fren, Any certs i should look into? And when you guys say "tech shit" What exactly do you mean?

>And when you guys say "tech shit" What exactly do you mean?
whatever field you're targeting. networking, programming, security, cloud, operating systems, etc. anything that makes yourself marketable.
>Any certs i should look into?
depends what you want to do. CompTIA is decent study material and is usually what people target first, I can't gauge your technical ability so if you want to learn the absolute basics then try studying for A+. If that's too easy, go for network+ or security+

Writing programms sucks if you are in it for the money. Most retards here were coding since their childhood and are more or less passionate about it.
Its not a skill you can just decide to learn.

i used to do javascript with Minecraft mods and texture backs when i was 12-15 i think i can learn basic code if i have to. but i thought cyber sec was less about programming?
thank you fren, last question, would it be stupid to grind these certs before obtaining a tech-related job though?

FUCKING FAGGOT STFU

ignore this nigger OP programming is a skill just like everything else and if you want to learn it all you have to do is put in some amount of effort as long as you have an average level or above IQ you should be fine, heck even if you think you're retarded you can probably learn some high level skill.

one again IGNORE THIS FAGGOT he just wants to feel special and quirky oh look at me ive been coding since i was in my daddy's ball sack FUCKING FAGGOT

>would it be stupid to grind these certs before obtaining a tech-related job though?
not at all. certs are never a bad thing, and some jobs won't promote you without them. i'm not saying you can get a CompTIA cert and instantly walk into a six figures job because that's not how it works, experience trumps everything.
this, once you stop larping you'll realize a large percentage of people in tech are only in it because it pays well and is a good career, plenty of people don't have passion for it.

>Most retards here were coding since their childhood and are more or less passionate about it.
Yeah and they're all also millionaires 300k starting that's most of Any Forums.

Sounds like you should get into cybersecurity in some way. If you're got enough technical knowledge, you can use that to find out how to charge cybercriminals correctly and in a way that makes the judge happy. It probably also help you make things easier to explain to those tech illiterate, but know the law side of things.

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

No lawyers have any understanding of tech. Doesn't matter what type of law you studied, say 'I know law and computers,' spit some technobabble & you'll be negotiating for Google in 2 years

Fuck off we’re full

should i start with A+?
dude i dont even need a 6 figure job desu i just need a career path that has growth and half decent pay

>i used to do javascript with Minecraft mods
>javascript
>Minecraft mods
Is this a thing, or are you retarded, or both?

he quite honestly has a point.
learn a lil bit o' tech, do the tech babble thing, learn more tech while at law place, then apply to actual tech company with "years of experience" in tech plus an online portfolio of projects that you've worked on while at the law place. (the online portfolio thing is just a bunch of programming projects you did in the last couple years, you put them on Github and add the link/username on ur resume)

>how do it somehow shift this into a job in the tech world
Fuck off, we're full.

Hi, I actually work in the field and was randomly browsing Any Forums by chance. You want to look into compliance, forensics, e-discovery, asset recovery, asset tracing, due diligence, aml, cft. Relevant certs are CFE, ACAMS, etc.

However, you are likely fucked without language skills, unless you have a Harvard-tier degree or very impressive tech skills.