Valve hypes up the shit out of Proton

>Valve hypes up the shit out of Proton
>Make promises about making it possible to play all Steam games on Linux!
>Proton releases
>It works like shit
>Crossover that's been out for a decade made by some autists for almost free is still 2000x better than Proton, including support for Anti Cheat, on Linux and Mac.
Can we all agree that Valve should stick to making games instead of trying to dabble with stuff they have no idea about?

Attached: 1598607007_crossover-20_01.jpg (2408x1668, 219.12K)

well that was a nice story user, good job pointing that out

Remember artifact? They can't even do games, they been spoiled by the good life like Millennials and zoomers and they are useless

>be technology board
>discuss technology
>retard who doesn’t know anything about programming or computers or even basic things about programs comes to the board and starts shilling some retarded shit
>makes gpt3-tier posts
ok

i think we all agree that Valve should stick to making games instead of trying to dabble with stuff they have no idea about

i can play about 80% more games from my library due to proton but sure
retard

>makes gpt3-tier posts
it probably is a bot

>a game company can't have flops
their latest game (half life alyx) was a massive success. keep coping tho faggot.

Valve has an absolutely retarded amount of money and nothing to spend it on, so the few remaining software engineers have to create increasingly outlandish projects in order to keep their jobs. It's like Bell Labs if Bell Labs was retarded.

dxvk, the core component of proton is made by autist that wanted to play automata on linux, he should be getting the most credit not steam

Retards that actually believed Valve would follow through on any of their promises need to gtfo before they get jannie'd for being underage faggots.

Attached: 1628941902041.jpg (861x677, 101.69K)

Can we all agree that OP should stick to Any Forums instead of trying to dabble with topics he has no idea about?

Attached: shiggy.jpg (200x200, 11.87K)

>Millennials
>spoiled
?
They have the purchasing power of a hobo

>Crossover that's been out for a decade made by some autists for almost free

No? Crossover is developed by a company (codeweavers) and costs $50. They're the biggest contributors to wine tho, nearly all wine devs are Codeweavers employees.

>itoddler

Attached: opinion discarted.jpg (800x800, 272.96K)

>crossover literally has the same limitations as proton, can't run anything with EAC
>hurr durr it's better and basically free despite being the same and costing dozens of Amerobucks
Yeah, I'm thinking OP is a GPT-3 bot post.

Because they have the lifestyle of a hobo

How about u just use windows hipster faggot

>Remember artifact?
Oh you mean
>game that could be real digital tcg
>had great production value and was on par with hearthstone in terms of visual
>had a good concept of "real" digital tcg, with buying and selling cards, trading cards, cards never change
>could have made kitchen table tcg but digital
>now with covid would have been perfect
>everyone spergs out, because other games are muh f2p, but are grindy piece of shit
>instead of offering a f2p download and like 4-5 themedecks you can buy, they just make it 2 same decks for 20 bucks
>don't implement trading or other shit that should be in it
>no singleplayer so people couldn't enjoy anything about the lore
>game is barebones as fuck, 1 set and playing against others cost money
>lore is literally dota characters NO ONE cares about. NO FUCKING ONE
>base the game on dota gameplay and hire andrew garfield, who literally made 1 good game
>try to rework it
>still keep the rework secret, make it available for eceleb fags, make it available for 2 weeks for everyone who bought the game
>sorry 80k people didn't played so we stop doing it

Yugioh comes out, 8k cards, f2p, a good start for people to grind their cards and make a deck
>220k playing

These faggots could have made finally a real tcg but digital, but were too greedy and too stupid. Who the fuck cares about dota. Make new shit. Who cares about 3 lanes with towers in a fucking card game.

>Valve
>a game company

Attached: 1638259266121.jpg (800x597, 102.98K)

Most games I've tried worked fine in proton. Tested a lot of unity games and I think all more of less worked without any issues.

is there anything to run Mac applications on Windows?

that crossover's new logo sucks

Attached: 7_softtorrent_net_pick_8df8-ffdc55f313d5.jpg (256x256, 11.78K)