Valve's Steam Deck now comes with AMD FSR upscaling as standard on any game

pcgamer.com/valves-steam-deck-now-comes-with-amd-fsr-upscaling-as-standard-on-any-game/

BASED Valve

Attached: steam-deck-case.jpg (1400x700, 65.68K)

AMDchads I kneel

I already have an ipad pro

>Once that happens, games could potentially make use of FSR even if the games themselves don't natively support it," the Steam Deck FAQ notes.
>potentially
wow it's another article with strong headline that isn't entirely true, shocking

can someone redpill me on the steam deck? I'm just looking for something to play games I used to enjoy in the early 2010s

enjoy your useless plate of glass

its a Switch but with better hardware and easier-to-modify software

It's finally actually the year of the linux

portable consoles are for manchild

Attached: 1590856843371.jpg (1080x863, 260.18K)

kek

Isn't upscaling shit at low resolutions? It's one thing to do 1440 to 4k, but the switch is 800p, what's it going to upscale off of? 480?

embrace the 720p bro

Archfags I kneel...

>"UPSCALING" TO 720P
oh my god we winning

I actually though about getting an iPad pro for comfy gaming before the Deck was announced but come on this is a different level entirely. You can play Civ VI, Divinity OS2, KOTOR, Baldurs Gate, and Disco Elysium, but that's literally it.

it should be able to upscale decently. Switch has many games that drop to 1024x576 and it's not THAT noticable. The 16:10 version of that would be 1024x640. For any game that runs ~50fps at 800p native you could probably get a smooth 60 with FSR at 640p and it would look better in motion than 50fps at 800p.

The analogs and buttons are too small.

Sorry to hear that user

wait for release and see how it is
everyone is just speculating at this point

I don't play games on a tablet I draw on it

this, the thing is most recent titles wouldn't have assets for that low of resolution and the bandwidth would still be wasted on something meant for 1080p