*ruins Android TV*

*ruins Android TV*

Attached: AndroidTV.jpg (739x415, 34.39K)

Android TV was always shit, it's laughable in comparison with Tizen and WebOS.

At least the apps you want to use are at the top.
With the FireTVs you have to scroll past the massive autoplaying ad at the top, then through the row of advertisements above your apps. When you arrive at your apps, you'll note that below them are more advertisements, some of which have automatically playing video. A banner ad at the footer of your screen.
The apps at the top right here are RANDOMLY ordered so you never want to use it, plus they're filled with junk you can't uninstall. This is done on purpose so you're forced to go through the ads

Attached: newfiretvui-100877715-large.jpg (1200x800, 217.93K)

But it got worse with these large ads with lots of ugly pepo.
I've never used, but just looking at it I can see it's completely chaotic.

How does one go about installing Gentoo on a TV? Would it be usable with just a remote?

I ended up installing a new launcher on my nvidia shield.
They make you jump through some hoops to get it running as default though.

Android TV is the only one you can assume to not have horrible security issues
And it has most apps

>apps
>security issues
JUST LOAD FILES OFF OF A HARD DRIVE, THAT'S ALL A TV NEEDS TO DO

Yeah, I have VLC installed and it's great.

streaming apps are great. You can only watch Youtube properly on Android TV with SmartTube Next. I'm not only talking about ads, but for some tvs you can't even get different playback speeds on the official youtube app. Also no Sponsorblock.

What launcher you using ? Also got any recommended IPTV client apps ?

>IPTV client apps
Tivimate

Android TV was never good. I switched to apple tv just because of UI, no joke

>no piracy
what's the point?

When I last watched TV years ago, you had to do nothing. Just turn it on. What happened, what have I missed?

You still can do that.

You can install pirated apps with some work. Samba and nas stuff work from apps like vlc in the app store.

What are you sperging about? I don't see anything wrong with your screenshot

Android TV sucks.

The store is crippled, had to install aurora store and spoof device just to install a web browser.

The launcher is awkward, needs extra apps like WSBApps to pin non-tv apps to the home screen. Sideload launcher is crap.

The remote is crap, why the fuck are there dedicated buttons for youtube, netflix and amazon prime? I don't use any of those but every fucking time I pick up the remote in the dark, bam! fucking youtube.

The on-screen keyboard won't respond to mouse clicks.

Enter key on bluetooth keyboard doesn't work as expected.
Can't replace retarded tv launcher with normal laucher.

so yeah... fuck android tv. I'm not "upgrading" to the new google tv either.

also, I don't want to install fucking disney+, google playstore piece of shit.

That's all, thanks for coming to my TED talk.

don't forget that the FireTV calls home way more than the average chinese box, and I mean way WAY more.

>4/5 of the screen for ads
>nothing wrong

TVs are connected to the internet with the least secure OS's known to man are easy as frick to hack, they can be used to spy on you.