Filters the kind of people who'd use Rust or C++

>Filters the kind of people who'd use Rust or C++
>Filters the kind of people who cause package proliferation
>Filters people who think resources are infinite
>Actually runs a good portion of the systems which allow me and you to shitpost every day

Can we just take a moment to appreciate just how based this language is? Is there even a better S O Y detector than discussing C?

Attached: 1024px-C_Programming_Language.svg.png (1024x1132, 54.45K)

I call it, the great cnile filter

Attached: geoTGCr7pEV1SfM.jpg (1082x1052, 135.41K)

c exists to filter out the kind of peoples who use autotools.

>My language's super power is being so bad it filters good programmers
Oof, and also kek.

What a great thread.

filtered by borrow checker :^)

The borrow checker isn't as complicated for regular people as it is for the kind of people who use rust, so you should really drop that strawman, it just makes you look like an idiot.

Keep coping, I guess.
YWNBAP

Absolute state of based

It's indeed not hard, but it's great at doing what it does :^)

Attached: 41u2VZYbnCL._AC_SY580_.jpg (492x491, 22.97K)

anyone who seriously thinks that rust isn't overwhelmingly superior to cpp, let alone c, is basically a retard and never had to engineer a system of reasonable size.

so naturally Any Forums would hold such opinion, as you guys are just a bunch of 82iq cs graduates.

Attached: group-safe1-c27645df8d605dfb4953af66c6c2e3bd-katogi mari alice (wonderland) caterpillar (wonderland) alice in wonderland blonde hair dress flower headband hookah mushroom pantyhose short hair white legwear.jpg (600x600, 101.56K)

Name one relevant program written in Rust

AWS

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-02-02 20-46-59.png (1570x838, 293.31K)

firefox

its great retard attractor

C programmer here, been programming low level shit for years, now I code real time DSP software for fun.

I am *amazed* by the amount of C programmers that feel attacked when people point out certain limits of the language.

On the other hand, it looks to me that Rust fanboys are more easily triggered when you imply that you can make good C code by hand if you review certain corporate dynamics.

Honestly, I don't know which collective is worse. Closed-minded C programmers, or Rust zealots.

On the other hand, C++ is absolutely crap, in many levels. It's the unsafety of C with the esotericism of Rust. It's like C with swearwords, and it gets worse with every version of the language.

Another one filtered. Many such cases :^)

i have never really seen good c code. unless it's like a harfbuzz. linux kernel is absolute dogshit with tons of bug. any code using glib makes me wanna puke.

cpp is actually usable, if you abandon oop and tweak your style. cpp isn't crap, it just railroads people into bad design and doesn't have a good syntax. i'd argue cpp isn't even worse than plain c, it's just people writing on embedded are slightly better than the cpp intern.

rust is an absolute joy, THE best syntax for a memory-managed language. the issue with rust is that Any Forums is too fucking stupid to understand how borrow-checking(a pretty niche feature) works.

Attached: smugness3b5npms1vgx51.png (2000x2000, 1.75M)

*fizzbuzz

what am i saying

also Any Forums is obsessed with c because it literally couldn't understand cpp. you faggots have no right to an opinion.

C has a bunch of limitations, and RUST is faster than C, for instance (I benched it myself, and yes, it's noticeable). I don't even consider C to be that great of a language, it's just the best we have. People just can't seem to understand why C, despite all it's limitations, time after time produces products that you just can't seem to compete with when using other languages (asm excluded), both in terms of elegance of solutions, and speed.

The real strength of C is its limitations, in a way, because it teaches you how to deal with the limitations of the thing you're dealing with as well. Another way to see it is that C is the best language simply because it's static, and programming has been going downhill since people began taking concepts like OOP seriously. I really can't stress how much OOP fucked the whole software ecosystem.

>C
>elegance of solution
what

you ever seen c code

Yes, I look at it every day. No, I don't care about your example of legacy software programmed in the 80s.

Seethe, cope, dilate, exfoliate, mald, etc.

int /*i meant boolean guyse*/ is_op_faggot() {
return TRUE;
}

how many loc?

dilated.
bool oh_shit_niggie() {
return 42;
}

Attached: smugnesspf9pb9bi3jl51.jpg (791x742, 65.5K)

NTA, but I work at a really big codebase written in C. Hundreds of thousand lines of code, tens of different projects, some legacy, some new. It's actually really elegant, easy to read and understand.

>how many loc?
Probably not as many as the average rust user has packages in their cargo file, I'll give you that.

I literally never used either Amazon or Firefox. Why should I give a shit