Delete Retroarch

Delete Retroarch

Attached: 1620696777324.png (701x470, 89.76K)

O.K.

No

It actually has lower latency than MAME so no.

>treats donations for his work as his piggy bank
so?

>Retroarch is single-handedly killing the open-source community
based!

No, I don't think I will.

Retroarch murdered byuu.

>toxic
When I see this word used I assume whoever using it is attempting a character assassination. Seems to also be the case here. Take your grievances to the relevant party or parties instead of airing it in public like a fucking faggot.

A friend was a friend with byuu, they sounded like they lost a sibling. Blood curdling stuff.

There is zero proof that byuu is actually dead. Also it went by different handles before.

it's garbage for retarded zoomers that cannot bear the thought of separate installers

I wouldn't mind separate installers, it's the unified experience that I want.
>t. millennial

agreed.
and you can simply use launchbox for a front end if you want everything all in one place with box art and all that.
personally im fine with having everything in a folder but theres just no reason to use retroarch. no performance or customization benefit, no ease of use benefit, no reliability benefit - quite the contrary

yeah even on consoles it is an unoptimized mess.

I would love a lighter but better frontend that standalone emus can interact with in order to adjust mappings/settings.

No lol. Boycotting FOSS is pointless. Pure virtue signalling because it doesn't affect anything if you use it or not. I'm going to continue using RetroArch for its good features until something better comes around. I'm not going to donate to them or contribute code or high-quality bug reports, but I didn't do that before anyway. (I do donate to other emulator projects.)

Attached: 1540036079992.jpg (533x519, 61.01K)

keep retroarch
delete daniel de matteis

Rich from a MAME dev, that shit is annoying to set up controls on. I'm gonna keep using reteoarch for some platforms until standalones have convenient shit. I remember how what made me switch to retroarch in the first place was that it wouldn't require my monitor to be at the exact same refresh rate as the platform that needed to be emulated to avoid skipping a frame every now and then or sound crackling. Standalone emulators had a habit of doing that when you enabled vsync. They added a lot of shit related to display and latency that your average standalone doesn't even know how to handle.

Also why the fuck would I care about redream when their standalone doesn't even have a way of changing sound volume, that shit is featureless as it gets.

I installed it for mgba because mgba standalone was choppy and had weird audio but in retroarch for some reason it's perfect. Retroarch seems pretty nice though

Why is the emulation community always a bunch of faggots? I miss the days of zsnes and standalone emulators. I tried compiling the standalone version of pcsx-rearmed and there was no way of getting any input to work besides keyboard. It's all just a fucking mess and it all needs to be burned to the ground.

no lol, i'm gonna donate to it right now, SEETHE