What are some ways to maintain a log and keep personal notes, howto's, grocery lists and such...

What are some ways to maintain a log and keep personal notes, howto's, grocery lists and such, and as simple as possible, as text files in a more or less elaborate and structured file system (tree)?
Obviously markdown fucking sucks, yet, some format is needed, less so for decorative, and more for query purposes. Similarly, the use of classic shell tools to search, query, append, and what not seems appropriate. Grep, awk, and... Maybe write a bunch of scripts ontop, but that's it.

>inb4 emacs
no

Attached: 1631356207284.jpg (2150x3035, 1.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

obsidian.md/
youtube.com/watch?v=0kNs_xvYKs4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

emacs

NO

Attached: 1639365693699.jpg (946x975, 1.07M)

Obsidian.

lucky yuta

This one: obsidian.md/ huh? Yeah, something along those lines, but
>markdown
is already way too much fuckery I don't care for, and this whole thing seems like a useless dick wankery to me. Simplicity is absolute key. Hence simple text files.
Still, thanks for the suggestion. Are you using this? You like it?

I know, right?

org-mode

Attached: 1546960742092.jpg (548x540, 53.33K)

one note from microsoft, amazing

google keep for grocery and stuff

also a lot of times just papaer for when I have ideas. Like pen and paper.

>Like pen and paper.
this is indeed a problem I have as well with this whole approach. I use pen and paper a lot, and that stuff will forever be completely detached from computer note takings.. which is just more of a reason not to invest too much into any of this, and really keep it super simple.

..of course, a display with integrated tablet/pen (ms surface is like this, I believe) might change things, but even then, all of my displays would have to offer such capability, or it's a no go.

Sounds like you want a wiki

no, it doesn't.

Those specifications are pretty vague; it's not clear to me, at least, what it is you're trying to do. I mean, for a log or personal notes, what's wrong with `YYYY-MM-DD.txt` format in one big folder, or a folder per concept?
>query purposes
You want to be able to dump files into a folder and pick them out later based on context? Then use custom extensions (thursday.grocery) or maybe put tags on the first line of each file ([recipe][grocery][asian][party])?

Check out this swe chick's notion setup youtube.com/watch?v=0kNs_xvYKs4

obsidian is all just simple text files. you don't have to use any markdown features or any interlinking if you don't want to.

yeah, but still.. I don't know. I will have to take a closer look at this, and see it for myself. A vendor lock in is kind of a no-go, though. Again, simplicity is absolute key here.

ok what about org mode nvim?

I use vimwiki for that purpose, pretty comfy

There's no vendor lock in. It just uses a root folder, and the filesystem is just `.md` plain text files.

Obsidian is an overlay on top of markdown (.md) files. There is no vendor lock in. I use Obsidian for all of my personal notes as well as to store my daily journaling

I use cherrytree for note taking