Realistically, how long does it have?

Realistically, how long does it have?

Attached: php.jpg (317x200, 20K)

eternity. /thread

It's dead for everyone except idiots and poor overworked devs that are forced to maintain trash projects written in it.

2 weeks

I appreciate DHH for trying something innovative (Hotwire and Turbo) to keep Rails relevant. Not sure what Taylor Otwell has planned for keeping Laravel alive.

They just came out with php8 not that long ago, it's in active development. It's great. It powers most of the web.

Seethe, cope, dilate.

Laravel has Livewire and Inertia.js

based

Attached: php_mofo.jpg (510x680, 73.17K)

relevant is right, as they've been playing catch-up for the past several years. hotwire/turbo is simply a response to elixir's phoenix showing off livewire.

FPBP

"php is ded bruh nodejs is the shit bruh"
Slim, Laravel, PHP8 and JIT, Symfony, CakePHP, Phalcon, Yii, CodeIgniter

>node gets replaced by dyno and typescript
BRUH PHP IS DED BRUH

>php8.1 is released and beats rails, python, node, and every other interpreted programming language is performance
bro, PHP is like satan, you may not like it, it may fuck you up, but it will be until the judgement day

That's nice but does it still use PDO or has it been fixed ?

What is wrong with PHP?

What's wrong with PDO?

I like php but you’re a typical Any Forumstard
Deno and node are both just JavaScript runtimes
Typescript is a superset of js
None of these technologies you mentioned are going to “kill” each other, they’re all literally the same thing

Hopefully until I retire because I'm too old to learn new things

Nothing. Ignore the seething pytoddlers.

>they’re all literally the same thing
hmm no, not "literally", sweaty.

>When will the C of the web die
Never. But that won't stop some tranny from making a "memory safe" version of it that consumes 10x the resources with no benefits.

it hasn't even reached its peak yet

Would it be safe to say PHP is the new FORTRAN? It will be phased out in time, but there will always be that one service you use that still needs it.

PajeetSoft

No. Fortran's here to stay whereas PHP could go (I don't see it but it's a hell of a lot more likely) than Fortran.

That closing parenthesis should be at the end of the sentence

yep, rasmus knows what he wants and why

cool guy