My Manjaro install has been nothing but a pain in the ass...

My Manjaro install has been nothing but a pain in the ass. For ages I had this problem where my macbook would restart while suspended. When I got tired of it I switched window manager from XFCE to i3, then it worked perfectly for like 2 days, until randomly now it will fail to detect my external monitor even though optimus is in nvidia mode, which is only solved by a restart and in which case I'm back to square one of dealing with a constant nagging issue.

People shit on proprietary software but these kinds of issues simply don't happen on macOS.

Attached: 1638032277590.jpg (566x566, 82.81K)

I'm using PopOS but I feel your pain. I have a HP Laptop that uses optimus and sleeping/waking and external monitor use is a nightmare.

i use windows it just works

That is a arch problem. No problem for me on Mint

What the fuck is optimus?
Why are you connecting your laptop to an external monitor in the first place?

People shit on FOSS but these kinds of issues simply don't happen to normal people with sane use cases that use technology as it was intended to be used instead of being special snowflakes.

optimus is nvidia's integrated graphics/GPU switching solution. The idea is that you only use the discrete graphics when you need it to save on battery life.
It doesn't play well with Linux, though.

Post the full image

x86 Macbooks have been a giant pain in the ass to run Linux on ever since Apple added in the T2 chip, at the height of the post 2015 head-up-its-ass, melting keyboards era.

This problem is exacerbated by the fact that you're using a meme hobby distro like Manjaro. For hardware this finnicky, using anything more esoteric than Ubuntu is asking for trouble.

>sane use cases
>Linux
retard

ughh its actually ur fault sweety, you used the wrong distro try again next year

>memejaro

bump

unbump

why are u putting linux on a mac dipshit

Some people hate being spied on

read arch wiki 4 your hardware, or better yet, itnstall proper arch/artix(?)

>arch

there's nothing wrong with arch

>macbook
>optimus nvidia
>linux
oof, thats a sad combo

I don’t get why Manjaro got so popular all the sudden

there's everything to be wrong with arch.