Recommend a 5ghz usb wifi adapter that's compatible with linux

Anons why are 5ghz wifi adapters so hard to find that support linux natively? The only one i've found that works (somewhat) is the ALFA AWUS036ACH. While they work they are hard to find and expensive. Is there something else out there user? what do you recommend?

Attached: Alfa-Network-Inc-AWUS036ACH-300-SDL957358384-5-e6429.jpg (850x995, 36.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/support/FAQ/1045215
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>wifi
>linux
kek

user why is it such a mess? I have a Panda pau-06 that will at most reach 25 mbps on linux. It's supposed to be 4 times faster on windows.

>user why is it such a mess?
Because drivers are a clusterfuck and often even need to load some firmware blob onto the adapter.

what's the wattage on that bad boy?

no idea user, but according to this chart it's "max power". so it's got that going for it. from personal experience it's literally the best usb wifi adapter i've ever used, but at $65 a pop i'm looking for other options.

Attached: 1_96e935b1-c0ce-4865-9fee-6d310d84fd98_1024x1024.png?v=1611172967.png (1024x768, 136.6K)

I've had this beast for about 4 years, it picks up signals blocks away.

Attached: usbac68.jpg (1080x1742, 226.24K)

this ones even pricier but it looks pretty good user. are you using the aircrack-ng driver?

looks like 1000mW for the 2.4ghz band according to fcc filings

31mW (15dBm), can't be right

>expensive

It's fuckin $50 faggot, maybe learn to save money if you're that poor. I use a 036ACH with no problems

It's worth it, I get 400Mbps downstairs in an old plaster house from a gigabit router. I use their provided driver. It's especially useful because of the usb dock so you can position it for best signal. Best tech purchase I've ever made asus.com/support/FAQ/1045215

I just use Wifite on Kali, but it only cracked 1 network out of 100 in my area, is something wrong?

user i need to buy 10+ of these for a project. If i can avoid spending $650+ on just wireless adapters i'm gonna.

PS I found a good one off Ali but it's only 2.4GHz, also monitor mode causes it to hang in Arch but not Debian

I have an rtl8812au based adaptor but it only works on 2.4ghz on Linux. When I try to connect to a 5ghz network it just says connecting for 30 seconds then disconnects. On Windows I use 5ghz networks just fine. I'm using the aircrack-ng driver.

Alfa AWUS036ACM. Performance is legit, and it works perfectly with linux. I use it for pentesting gigs on laptops running debian no prob.

Attached: 618FdNrUa0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1099x1500, 61.51K)

>usb wifi adaptor
just get any ax200 card and enjoy perfect wifi with zero driver issues. this isnt difficult, niggers just overcomplicate shit by forcing inane restrictions like "hur dur i wont use these open source drivers because its from intel" or "hur dur i only use usb adaptors because... just because ok!!!!"

life has never been easier since iwd

ALFA AWUS036ACH works natively in Parrot OS and not to hard to get working in Ubuntu/Debian.

Install windows (7) and use any intel AC wireless. I use the 8260ngw (m.2 to pcie adapter in my pc, m.2 to mpcie adapter in my laptop)

just buy cheap chinkshit on aliexpress and figure out the drivers later

>5ghs
>loonatix
pick one

good luck using that shit as Access Point